Jaguar F-Pace - 1% rule possible?

I would have said “I don’t tolerate dealerships that beat up the customer”, and then left.

or get the greatest lease of the year the f-type which almost meets the 0.5% rule

The 0.5% rule is interesting but purists like to push for the 0.45 or 0.39% rule :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a bit arrogant statement for a young person, no? :smirk:

1 Like

A comment to that nature would have solicited a hearty laugh from me followed by me immediately leaving the dealership. Auto dealers made killings for a very long time using the inflated MSRP/“negotiation” model and now that more and more consumers are becoming educated, they are suddenly crying that everyone wants a “deal”. While I completely agree that leasehackrs often work on the “fringe” and thus very few dealers move the volumes of cars to be able to give us some of the deals that we seek, to have a dealership act as though your attempts to negotiate are offensive is completely laughable.

I disagree with you guys. If you go in trying for a crazy deal then be prepared to get backlash. A sales guy also has other customers to work with they need to make money. 400/month for an suv that is a hot seller is a too low starting point. Dealer doesnt owe you to entertain a lowball when the car is not hard to move. If you are looking for a crazy deal save yourself time and the salesperson time and negotiate over email

And I disagree with you on multiple points:

• I’ve had dealers refuse to negotiate in the past and I have no problem with that, it was how he said it that rubbed me the wrong way. I was never rude to him throughout, and it is basic decency to expect the same in return. I don’t like wasting my time either and as soon as I see a deal isn’t likely, I’m happy to leave.
  • I tried to negotiate via email beforehand and this dealership refused.
  • $400/month is absolutely not a “crazy deal” for a $50k car, especially given that it was my starting point with the hope of ending up at $500/mo.
  • These aren’t “hot sellers” at their current pricing and their lot was full of them. They have 25 in inventory right now which is more than when I checked a week ago.

Well agree to disagree then. Fpace is selling very well, if you are after a deal then you need to be flexible with the car you want. And you have to give a dealer a reason why you want a 22% discount on msrp when there are no incentives. I want one is not a good reason sorry man. Like i said when you are after a great deal you have to understand the economics of how it works from the dealers side. Do report if you are able to get one at 500 or less with 0 down.

1 Like

I would try to extend your existing BMW i3 lease and see what happens 5/11. There’s some sort of BMW i3 announcement coming on that date. If they announce another battery increase, there might be a whole clearance/firesale of existing i3’s like what they did in July and August 2016 when the 2017s were coming out with a 50% bigger battery.

For BMW, leases can be extended 2 months no problem, and up to 6 months if you have an existing BMW order.

1 Like

Whaaaaat’s this now about an i3 announcement on Thursday? :scream:

Someone sent a link to this page in BMW Canada, and now everyone’s speculating in the BMW i3 Facebook group.

From the page: “History turns a silent page. Where will you be on May 11, 2017? Silent performance. Sustainable mobility. On May 11, 2017, see the drive of tomorrow inspired by the knowledge of the past. Experience the all-electric BMW i3.”

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware that extending was an option. I’ll email them and look into that, I wouldn’t mind hanging onto my $160/month lease a little longer and I can’t find any BMW dealers in WA State to get anywhere near that this time around.

The data suggests JLR isn’t struggling to sell F-paces. “The automaker’s sales are up 21.1% this year, and the F-Pace accounts for 96% of the growth. The F-Pace alone nearly matches the sales of Jaguar’s whole car lineup”

Then you should have refused to set foot in their store.

Unless I missed something, seems like it was just marketing noise about how silent the i3 drives (which can be said of any EV). oh well.

You can definitely get an F-Pace under 1% if you can score an employee PIN deal. Obviously this is not easy (generally takes knowing someone who works for/sells Jaguars). I am in the midst of a deal for a 62k F-Pace for $544 a month all in. This is a 2017 R-Sport using a PIN deal. The same car would cost in excess of $210/month more without the PIN deal. Go out and make some friends at Jaguar…haha.

Hi, can you please fill me in on how you can get an employee PIN deal without knowing someone? Also, what do they just take off a huge portion of the MSRP to make the deal around the 1% rule?

Any input here is appreciated!

Yep. Dealers will do whatever it takes to meet LHers’ infamous 1% rule. :roll_eyes:

1% is a loose benchmark for the leaser to shoot for at minimum, the dealer has nothing to do with it. Read some of the articles on the main website around what factors into scoring a great lease, a dealer discount is an important piece but depends on many other variables.

Also, you won’t get an employee PIN so put that out of your head.

1 Like

Hi Jon, I know it sounds stupid, regarding the 1% rule. However, do you have any tips on how to reach that number? I have been leasing BMWs for about 12 years now and have always got right around 1% of MSRP. The dealer is currently searching for a car that meets my specifications around $65,000 (Portfolio model and/or fully loaded Prestige). I mentioned the fact of ordering a car which they seemed to be very against. Basically threw in a bunch of negatives of how it takes 3 months, etc. etc. I understand they want to get rid of what is on their lot, however, I won’t take something for this much money that is not what I want, exactly. Let me know your wisdom! Much appreciated!

Thanks for the advice. Is there anything off the top of your head that would score a great deal? I know the F-Paces are in HIGH demand right now which will prove to receive a less than desired deal.