It’s like Mercedes doesnt want to move cars

Wasn’t that a finance?

1 Like

Its called a joke, folks. Lol.

But also reminds people to keep things in perspective. I wouldn’t fault those who didn’t know any better for paying that much on a $65k car because there are worse things.

1 Like

To all the professors and crap talkers…I just got home with THE BEST GLE350 AMG lease deal I’ve seen in over two years. Go see Vahe at Keyes in Van Nuys. The dude is AWESOME.

Congratulations! Please post in “Share a Deal” so that we can all have something to which we can aspire.

Then I just got damn close to that Mazda deal you referenced. I hit it out of the park today.

I just got an A+ on the deal I negotiated today.

So what was the deal?
Might as well give us another data point on what’s being agreed to by the dealers

Lot of words but no numbers.

Again, this doesn’t mean much without any numbers. For instance, assuming MF being equal, you could have scored a lower discount on a lower MSRP vehicle, and while it might result in a cheaper monthly/total lease cost but it could still be a worse deal than someone with a higher discount on higher MSRP vehicle.

Bottom line - let your numbers do the talking for you. Post a detailed breakdown in Share a deal section.

1 Like

Monday’s on LH…

3 Likes

Supply and demand. An AMG package GLE is probably one of the hottest Benz’s out right now and there’s barely any out there. Why would anyone running a for-profit business give you something that’s so scarce a deal knowing that they can turn around and wack someone on it for a lot more? This thread is useless.

Congrats on getting a car from Mr. Fresh

3 Likes

Personally, as someone chasing a deal, I’d probably go with something a bit smaller like a Q5e as those lease really competitively right now. Eventually the GLEs might lease well again, comes down to where production levels get to later in the year.

Somebody is upset

You don’t grade your own work.

4 Likes

What, 399/mo with 16,000 CCR isn’t an A+?

1 Like

A deal so good you won’t even post it! I can only imagine (literally).

3 Likes

I get the crap talkers, ok. But professors? If people are trying to empower you with information (whether with the most ideal tone or not), it seems wantonly ignorant to get angry about that. Not saying you have to agree or even pay them any mind, but what does it benefit you to get salty about it either.

2 Likes

Is this guy running for President now? Gives himself the best grade without proof, haha.

I sincerely hope he got a really good deal and I actually do look forward to the numbers. This community thrives on data points.

2 Likes

Sorry people, I wasn’t trying to rub it in or be a jerk about the deal I was just genuinely excited about it after the bullshit I got from the dealerships on Sunday and didn’t have the time to break down the deal until right now.
GLE350 amg
MSRP - 64,300
12.5% discount
Purchase price 56,100
No MSDs - I personally dont like the concept
48 mos (on my last two leases I preferred 48 months because if I end up getting a car I like with a payment that I can stomach then the extra year saves me on down payment money.
My sales tax is 10.25%
$2,000 drive off
$740/mo.

I didn’t produce the most amazing leasehackr score but I was pleased with the discount off the MSRP on this particular car with AMG package and this was a major improvement the high payment of our GLS450 (returned it three months early).

I read all of your comments and I appreciate it each one. I do understand supply and demand, and I do understand that production is significantly lower right now as it was before Covid. But fair is fair at the end of the day and in my humble opinion cars should not be leasing for payments that don’t make sense at all. I get it, $1000 to one person is the same as $200 to another. But value is value and worth is worth.
I think I got a good deal and I’m happy with the deal.

I thoroughly enjoy this community and everything it gives us. All of the tools, knowledge, expertise, and camaraderie. I had gotten an amazing deal on a jaguar i-pace, for example, last year and the support and excitement from everybody on the forum was much appreciated. Hopefully, I get the same with this lease deal. But we’ll see, maybe some people will claim I got robbed.

3 Likes

Congrats! If you are happy with it, great. Discount looks deeper than what’s normally expected of GLE_AMGs. I think its a 48m lease that made this more appealing.

1 Like

What was the mf compared to buy rate? Your discount seems much larger than others yet the monthly isn’t far off, suggesting they clawed back a lot of that discount in the form of a marked up mf.