It’s like Mercedes doesnt want to move cars

Went to 2 benz dealerships for a GLE350 with amg package. 63-66k MSRPs. Sales guys come back with $900/ mont payments with $2000 down. To me, nonsense numbers like this mean they have no interest in moving cars off the lot. I get it, production is low. But dont give me the BS “this isnt 2018 anymore” line.

1 Like

Find another dealer :man_shrugging:

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

3 Likes

Why is that BS?

If you do search on the site, you’ll see lots of people are getting equally bad numbers for the GLE350 this month.

3 Likes

Maybe I spend way too much of my day here but this has got to be the 5th or 6th GLE post we’ve seen this week, if not more. Amazing how there’s been so much interest in this vehicle on this forum suddenly.

To OP - I’m afraid this might be the one where you have to choose the deal or the car. If it’s got to be this one, you’ve discovered what the market is like.

7 Likes

Most cars do not lease well. This is truer now than it has ever been.

So unless you are willing to push this boulder uphill, you need to look at other makes/models that lease better and offer more value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to see what’s leasing well and narrow down your search.

1 Like

The root of your mistake.

12 Likes

They genuinely aren’t leasing that well. They don’t need to blow them out, there are twenty people behind you willing to pay that or more.

:chocolate_bar:

5 Likes

When you put together your target pricing before engaging the dealers, based on current programs as they apply to you and researched deals to establish the pre-incentive discount target, where were you at relative to the numbers they gave you when you asked them how much they wanted you to pay?

1 Like

The nerve of those bastards to prioritize profit over your happiness. Be damned those 20 people behind you willing to pay that 900/mo and be happy.

12 Likes

You’re 100% correct. They have absolutely 0 desire to do that one thing they need to do to stay in business over time…sell product.

1 Like

Inventory is still very low on the GLE and the factory is experiencing a lot of delays. Mine was delayed by over 2 months and I had to do a custom order instead of picking on off the lot/dealer trading.

But at the same time 900 a month for that is absurd even though the car is in high demand.

1 Like

It’s like people are ready to make insane payments for mercedes GLE and the dealers don’t have to discount… But but lease hack, 1% rule …

3 Likes

You cant expect them to come out with their best offer on a hot car. Sometimes you have to counter and let them know you’re not like the clueless majority.

A GLE350 is worth just a small premium over something like a Volvo XC60.

Can’t imagine paying almost double

3 Likes

I think sometimes people on this forum forget that there are some cars that dealers simply don’t have to discount that much or at all to sell and get offended when no one will give them a discount on a car that while mass produced is very popular.

11 Likes

Find this hard to believe at least in my area (DFW) where presumably has a high demand for premium SUVs. Quit a few of them are sitting in the lot for over 100+ days even 200+ days, still some 20s left as well. Yet they are not leasing at a reasonable price range. Not even asking for Leasehackr type of deal lol. It’s all business decision but those 20 person better hurry up. Probably different in CA

1 Like

Exactly. We’re looking for a new car and certain cars and brands lease better than others. In this case the BMW and Audi equivalents are leasing for $100’s less.

And since we’re basically renting the car I don’t care to pay extra for one over the other, we just want the lowest payment for a mid size “luxury” SUV.

2 Likes

The best I have seen in the last few months was 9-9.5%.

Closing these at 6-7% off depending on trim right now.

Supply and Demand.

Everyone wants this car and if you won’t pay the next person will.

Best to look at the X5 if your open to competitor models.

Setting aside the mantra that the car is worth whatever the customer is willing to pay for it, there’s no way a 63k car is ever worth $900 or even $800 a month. Our car industry needs to get shaken up some way.

2 Likes

to be fair if he posted that he picked up a gle for that payment he’d get laughed off the board.

10 Likes