Is this a good Subaru STI lease offer?

Hi there!

Just trying to get some opinions to see if the below is a good lease offer for a Subaru STI (base model)

36 months, 12k miles/ yr

MSRP: $38,673

Total Cap Cost: $36,242.75 ( sell price of $35,493 + $369.75 DMV Fees + $295 acquisition fee)

$1,500 down: $447.26 + tax per month

$2,500 down: $419.58 + tax per month

$3,500 down: $391.89 + tax per month

I live in Los Angeles BTW.

Not sure if I have more wiggle room to negotiate the selling price of $35,493, let me know!

Thanks!

What’s the MF?

MF: .00165

Residual: 59%

MF: .00165

Residual: 5

Residual: 59%

Now go to Edmunds and get the buy rate to see if it’s marked up. While you’re there, figure out if there are any incentives. To evaluate your deal, all the standard information is needed. What year is it? Break your price down to MSRP, dealer discount, incentives. You already have the MF and RV. What are your taxes?

Discount is not great but ok. It’s on the high side of what I see around here. You might have another $500 you can squeeze if there aren’t incentives and they really want to move it. Once you figure out the base rate and incentives, we can tell you if you can do better.

I would want 7.5% off before rebates. I know last month there was a $1000 rebate.

I personally don’t see much sense in leasing an STI. Your quote is about $28k total over 3 years. Even if you negotiated the best possible STI lease deal, it’d still be what $25k over 3 years?

I bought an STI used 2 months ago for about that and if I sell it in 3 years or so, i won’t lose much in relation to my purchase price (not driven more than 4k miles annually). You can find many used examples worth buying for $25k-$28k, drive it for however long you want to and then sell it for $16k YEARS from now. This way it’ll only cost you $10k-$12k to drive it. HUGE difference and why I’d never lease an STI.

5 Likes

Robert. Okay this is the offer I managed to get for the STI:

MSRP: 38,534

Res: 59% for 36/12k - 22,735

MF: .00115

Cap cost: $34,203

Tax: 9.5%

$0 down only around $900 in drive-off

Monthly payment: $420.32 and that is with tax.

I was looking at a WRX as well and it’s only $86 cheaper monthly than the STI and they’re selling it for $25,204. My gut says the STI is a good offer. What do you think?

2 Likes

Not a bad deal for an STi. You’ll probably never get a true Hackr worthy deal on one.

Verify the MF is buy rate. Discount looks good. I checked incentives and didn’t see any in my region.

Good deal for an STi. At 420 a /mo, I would buy that performance. It’s a lot of car for the money.

Yes MF is at the buy rate in my area. Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you.

Sounds like a terrible car to daily drive

2 Likes

Literally the worst.

Performance is great. Daily drove my brothers STi for a few weeks and I was never comfortable.

If you really want a 2007 Subaru Impereza in fancy blue paint, just buy it. Great resale value. You’ll come out ahead. They lease like garbage.

depends on how old you are or if you are a car enthuasist, it’s not as rough as a corvette though, thats just plain brutal for a dd.

STI’s and Vette’s are both perfect candidates for 5k or 7500 miles per yr leases.

I agree, after a year of driving 100 miles a day monday through friday in a corvette I wouldn’t ever do it again.

My buddy had a M235i, after a year he had enough, traded it for an A4. Driving a stiff suspension as a daily driver is brutal and not comfortable.