Is leasing a Ford always this difficult?

I’ve leased several cars for myself and friends over the years thanks to the Leasehackr Calculator, and Ratefindr. Right now, am trying to help my friend with a F-150 Lightning, and it’s been super frustrating. Where I usually feel armored with all the info/numbers, it seems so much more difficult with Ford.

On Ratefindr, there are dozens of potential different discounts, but I find it hard to understand which one might apply.

Dealers seem to run names to see what discounts/rebates apply. On the Lariat trim, for instance, I qualified for $19,000 in rebates, and my friend for $17,000. Again, I seem to have no way of checking whether these are accurate or why I get $2000 more off.

The kicker is these rebates only seem to apply when purchasing. The rebate on a lease is $10,000 less!

Any advice on a best approach here? Should I trust the dealer with giving me correct rebate numbers and just focus on negotiating MSRP?
Leasing seems to be out of the question, with low RV and high MF and lower rebates.

Thanks for any guidance!

There’s a reason there are rarely Ford deals in the Marketplace.

If you’re buying, just figure out what you want your OTD price to be and make offers. The dealer has no reason to shortchange you on incentives.

The deals aren’t great, but if you want to lease an electric truck Rivian will probably come out better than Ford.

You negotiate sell price, not MSRP.

You’re probably right. BTW, FMC uses an interest rate, not a money factor.

2 Likes

With the Lightning, don’t even bother looking into the Ford lease program. The play here is to purchase and use a balloon loan with return option. See the deal posted by @Kellstar as an example:

5 Likes

Rivian doesn’t offer leases in Maine…