Is a Dodge even worth leasing?

I’ve been trying to find data points for a lease on a R/T or Scat Pack Charger/ Challenger and I really can’t find many shared deals around. Is Dodge leasing even worth batting an eye at?

Search function, quite a few data points maybe not super super recent though.

Yup. I’m trying to compare recent deals but I can’t even find many. And not many brokers are selling chargers/ challengers.

There is a few things working against good deals right now on Challenger/Charger

1. Limited inventory and strong demand. Most dealers have 1 or 2 RT or Scats in stock and that’s it. Some are selling while in transit still although it’s slowed down a bit as we enter the winter season.

2. Poor incentives on 2021’s. Dodge has not renewed the power dollar program for 2021 models, where-as with 2020’s you could get up to $6500 off in stacked incentives, the best deal right now is a $3500 retail incentive.

3. Bad lease program options from FCA. Most dealer pushing these through US Bank right now and you are looking at a 48month term to get the most favorably RV.

Your best option is to try and find a leftover 2020 and I would look at a balloon loan programs versus a traditional lease. You can see my thread as an example.

2 Likes

These problems are not unique to Chargers and Challengers. Between Covid and chip/electronics shortages and other shortages production for many models has been diminished. That puts upward pressure on prices and accounts for lower (in general) incentives being offered.

Exceptions are there for some other models if you are flexible.

It’s just not a great time to get the deals.

Crazy how it has gotten much worse now more than ever. I guess I’ll never get a dodge :joy: sticking with BMW :disappointed_relieved: