Is 20% off MSPR on a 4000-mile 2020 BMW M340i loaner too much

Look into leasing a BMW thru a lease transfer … take advantage of someone else applying all the rebates they qualified for + gain your own eligibility for loyalty next time

5 Likes

Thanks for that advice!

1 Like

What’s fair to ask dealers in new jersey on loaner 3 series. Broker deals here are 16-17% for reference.

Just thought of trying my luck once or twice by asking and seeing if anyone is cooperating

1 Like

That’s generally the line.

The sky is the limit, just remember every percent that you fight for is 10 times harder than the last percent.

Also wanted to ask, if I see courtesy loaners at a dealer site. It means they are looking to sell/lease them right. Nothing gave a clear indication if they are leasing it or not

330i or M340i?

They are always looking to move metal. As long as the captive (BMWFS) will buy it off them to lease it to you, the dealers are willing to play ball either way.

Just remember to back out any purchase-specific rebates out of advertised prices

They don’t care how you take it as long as you take it in exchange for money at a mutually beneficial price.

2 Likes

330i, which they are plenty of. I’m well aware it’s unfair to even ask 20% toward m340 or z4

I did some homework by finding dealers that carry loaner 330i to start the process

Are you asking for overall discount of 20% discount or pre incentive discount? Two different dynamics.

20% pre incentives. But from the discussion above, even 20% after all incentives can be pretty hard to achieve

8 Likes

That will not happen for sure on this car. Unless it has a dent or a deep scratch. There will always be someone who will take it for lesser discount. Your target is 15% to be realistic. But 4K miles is almost 2% ding to the residual so your effective discount is lesser than what it looks like. I’d rather get 10% discount on a new one and pay 3% more for a brand new one unless that is your absolute maximum budget.

Me staring at the 300 day old new velar on the lot…

3 months isn’t that old.

1 Like

Hasn’t reached its birthday yet? Almost there… coupled with year-end… :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

You make a very good point here. I think I might go with the route on custom build with 10% discount if I don’t find anything good by end of the year

1 Like

Find a good broker. I’m paying $656/mo on e450 wagon fully loaded 78k sticker. Dealerships wanted 900-1000/mo with massive ccr. I don’t even mess with the clowns at the Dealership anymore. Waste of time.

3 Likes

20% off a 340 loaner is going to be tough. Not now atleast.

You should be able to do 16-17% off fairly easy on a 330xi loaner. Can push for more depending on how bad dealer wants to move it (if it’s near month end and/or how long it has been sitting)

I’ve kept reiterating this, but getting a unicorn is not just about getting a strong pre incentive discount, but also being able to stack incentives and rebates.

Most of the unicorns you see on here is someone doing the legwork of finding a steep discount and then stacking loyalty, new grad, OL code, Penfed etc

You don’t have loyalty, so you’re already at a disadvantage in capturing a unicorn.

1 Like

I need to go test drive a 330i and see how it drives. But it is definitely easier to negotiate price. Without loyalty, I am at a disadvantage since it is a big $2000 incentive

Keep putting in work and you’ll get there! Then post it :smiley: