Is 20% off MSPR on a 4000-mile 2020 BMW M340i loaner too much

Maybe I should thinking about reaching to a broker now.

That means nothing. We’ve seen people have more reasonable offers rejected on 300+ day old cars: some dealers are just like that.

I’ll wait till the end of year, circle back to that dealer again see if we can make something happen. If that car is still around

I’ve heard lease hacking in Texas is hard to begin with.

1 Like

What does that even mean? What was the highest discount you found post-Covid? You do not have to go into decimals but give us an integer. That range is completely meaningless.

And was it a true discount or a faux discount eroded by adds, high dealer fees and MF markups?

1 Like

Can’t remember the exact number, around 15% off MSRP.

1 Like

I assure you that the absolute best deal you have found here didn’t have $3000+ more room in it

This is a prime example where LH can give completely false hopes.

Someone comes on the site, sees one deal at 20% off, then calls dealers asking for the same thing and gets frustrated.

It will never happen that way.

My dealer got a phone call yesterday from an LH member asking for 14% off a new X5 45e. They literally told the manager, “I am seeking 14% because I already have an offer at 12%.” That is the biggest and easiest lie to pick up on ever. So, the manager asked him, “have you heard of leasehackr”? Silence…

Unicorns are not easily hunted. They take time to seek out. As @mllcb42 said…20% is far, far, away from 15%

4 Likes

This is the first time I’m trying to do a lease, also trying to own a BMW. I know I have a long way to go, but thank you all for sharing the wisdom.

You’re lucky you even got a reply when offering 20% because you wouldn’t have from me… :rofl:

7 Likes

Make that two of us.

4 Likes

Without BMW loyalty I wouldn’t bother

1 Like

sadly that’s something I do not have

Three! You know how many requests I have for these for $500-$525 right now? That’s for outside of Texas, which will be much worse with the tax.

3 Likes

This is my favorite from sales people…

Me: Do you think I can get 25% on a loaner BMW x5?
Sales: If I can get you 25% , will you come in today and sign?
Me: Yes, I will come into the dealership and get it signed today
Sales: Ok, let me check on the numbers for you
Sales: Good news, I got the numbers back, I can get you in the car today for 12% off. This is a great offer, will you come in today?

:slight_smile: False hope haha

5 Likes

False hopes they give you are much better than what they’re saying to their colleagues when you hang up the phone.

1 Like

My advice to you is to keep doing lots of research by checking out the “Shared Deals” section and broker deals in the “Marketplace” to see what a realistic pre-incentive discount can be had on the car.

Forget some of these one-off pre-Covid deals. If you are in no rush to get into a new car, then time is on your site.

1 Like

Each 1% is 10 times harder to achieve on average.

I’m about to start a Unicorn PI service. Retainer upfront. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m really not in any rush. If I can get a good deal on it, then great. If not, I’ll keep driving around town with my Jeep Wrangler.

1 Like

Looks like you’ll be driving that wrangler for a while…

8 Likes