Inventory 2018 Tesla Model S and X (P100D and 100D): NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Cars with $40,000+ discounts cannot be leased period, while Tesla’s auto finance office will be reviewing any leases on cars with a “large discount” on a case-by-case basis. :thinking:

Have to apply for credit and order the car ($2,500 order payment due) to see if they’ll approve the deal, which kinda sucks. The order payment is refunded if Tesla Finance rejects the deal.

Tesla surely isn’t afraid of, ahem, unconventional methods. Hard to picture your average hum drum Chevy or Acura or Toyota buyer putting up with such tactics.

Well, the first deal listed is only $33k off, and the other 2 are barely above $40k. So just reduce the discount on those to $39.9k, no?

Another good site to sort by discount and model specifics. I finally got some decent help from my local store in Scottsdale. I ended up talking with 5 different employees yesterday. I even spoke with the credit/finance area before putting the $2,500 down. They seem to have issues in their systems working with the discount piece or even understanding a lease. The finance area wouldn’t help until I ordered the car. The local person finally did a full breakdown of everything before I pulled the trigger. I have one ordered, will see if it all works out. I didn’t go for Ludicrous mode. I shot for a lower MSRP and decent discount. The one I am hopefully getting had a MSRP of $110,300 and a discount down to 79,600. Thanks to yeezy3 on some input from his deal.

3 Likes

If you end up making it work, please post a calculator link :slight_smile:

There’s quite a few ~$78-$80k 100D models in there that are looking like sub $400/mo leases

I don’t think anything will be sub $400.

Regarding the calculator, don’t select “Tesla” as the make. Leave it blank. There’s a bug we’re fixing.

Whelp, sub $550 still isn’t too bad

Interest itself is about $300+.
I asked one pay, they said no.
I am asking 24 month RV now.

2 Likes

To be fair, Tesla is discounting 2018s and only the heavily discounted ones are being DQ’ed from leasing. Not all of BMW’s leftover 2018 models are leaseable, either. So, if Tesla decides certain cars are leaseable based on size of discount and others are not, then that’s a fair exercise of business discretion much like BMW’s decision to no longer support leases for various models.

Just reserved a 100d, MSRP discounted from ~110 to ~72000. Waiting for lease details. I usually don’t do down payments, but thinking about putting down 5-10k because of the high interest. Will see what happens.

3 Likes

Someone else can chime in but I don’t think putting money down as a cap cost reduction actually saves you any interest.

of course it does. You don’t pay interest on what you don’t borrow. Rent charge is calculated on MF times net cap cost plus residual. If you put money down to lower the cap cost, it lowers the rent charge.

Let me rephrase your total savings will be negligible in the scheme of things.

Tesla’s interest rate is 5.76% (.00240 MF). Depending on how much is put down, you could save a pretty penny over a 4-5 year car note, or even a 3 year lease.

1 Like

I’ve used the calculator before on high mf cars in the past and the difference always seemed to be lower than the equivalent rate of return. Is that a calculator issue or an operator issue lol?

Easy calculation: Down payment * MF * Months, that’s your total saving.

Fingers crossed Tesla finance approves it for a lease! What region are you in?

Wow! If that gets approved, that will be an amazing deal! Payment would be around ~$650/month (pre-tax) with the minimum $2.5k down that they are asking! Good luck! :slight_smile:

Here is what I got from Tesla today … thoughts?

3 Likes