Interesting Global statistics

Did not hear of that one what the results were.

2 Likes

Thanks. So lets take the minimum of 221k infections with 600 deaths then it is .3% rate. If we take 441k then its .15%. That looks close to flu rate? Again, based on numbers presented. Might be wrong but that is how i read it.

1 Like

No, just having raw numbers is one thing. Trying to extrapolate from those numbers to try to shape public health policy is dangerous.

The worst thing you can do during a pandemic is underestimating the effects on the population. Right now, public health policies are geared toward worst case scenarios. They have the same data points because everyone has not been tested.

Like @mllcb42 has said, both sides are using the same data points but one side is cautious (overly maybe) and the other side is trying to minimize the effects of the virus in respect to the general population.

At the end of the day, which would you rather have? If we had done nothing from the very beginning, we could be in a much worse situation with many more deaths. There’s no mulligans with a pandemic.

2019 CDC estimates for flu death rate are .04-.15%

So somewhere between as deadly to 10 times as deadly, based on a very small sample size and poor data.

We will see where it lands as time progresses but yeah right now looks like you stated. 80k flu deaths last season. Wonder how it looks for those below 55 though. Is it same to 10 times more deadly? Why does nobody have that data by age group. Will have to research it this weekend.

The whole interview Part 1&2 is over an hour long. There was an add’l 12min of some 3rd party commentary in the version I had linked, but that along w/ Part-1 was taken down by Youtube. With pressure from Gov’t agencies and Censorship by large corporations like Facebook and Youtube, we have little chance to understand the truth, and only will see what they want us to believe, truth or not.

It’s kinda sad these days, Youtube is ubiquitous, and everyone now just posts their video’s there, they have a monopoly, and can control the narrative. Are there even platforms available anymore to host information beyond FB, Google and YT?

1 Like

Uh we shut down due to faulty models that continued to be revised downwards. So faulty data drove the response as well. My opinion is to allow debate not censorship. Again, you saying NY is wrong? Its a whole state with various departments. Based on these new numbers Cuomo is starting to talk about opening up. And again, so far countries that treated early did so much better than NY or MI that prevented those treatments and did not protect high risk population. I mean it went counter any logical response, and that health policy showed it was very very wrong. Same as putting people on ventilators.

1 Like

Bitchute i think. Never been there just seen it mentioned.

Its scary / sad, the content is owned by 23ABC, and they don’t have a platform to make it available, they have lodged an appeal w/ YouTube and they hope YT will make it available again.

My point is it’s better to be too cautious than the other end of the spectrum. Both sides have the same data.

The real question is, how many deaths are acceptable versus trashing the economy? But I feel like that’s a debate that can go on and on.

Perhaps another question should be how many deaths and how much pain and suffering will be a result of trashing the economy.

3 Likes

That’s a good point too. Definitely not as much as the virus, but a valid question nonetheless.
I’m not an economist, but I realize this can’t go on for much longer. I have friends that have lost jobs and businesses and it’s heartbreaking to watch.

I don’t agree with Trump on many things, but I want things to reopen ASAP. We just can’t do it in a way where we’re in a worse spot than the first outbreak.

I don’t know… The studies regarding death rates due to alcoholism, suicide, etc with unemployment suggest not insignificant numbers.

I’m curious to see total mortality rates in general with cause ignored. Has covid created a proportional increase?

Didn’t say insignificant, but I get your point. I’m expecting well over 100k deaths before the end of the year.

Newsome laid out some plans on what they are going to open up (in sections). Costco is requiring everyone to wear a mask, yet I can’t buy any. Guess I am stuck paying for Instacart.

Understood. I was reading somewhere that 77k americans might lose their life due to unemployment. Every 1% increase beyond a certain level is 3000 americans that would lose their life.

So thats why a middle of the road approach is needed. Thats my opinion.

You can wear like a face covering? I think costco will allow that.

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1255479750593859584

Isn’t that what every model projecting Covid affects have done? This is the data used to make policy in most of the western world and they have not been remotely accurate.

I am not saying these doctors are right or wrong. I don’t now. No one does at this point.

It seams Covid is being treated like any other issue dejour. When most people are presented with any contravening opinion or fact they just double down on what they believe.

The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle. speaking in absolutes on either extreme is dangerous.

There is so much conjecture at this point. We do however need some intellectual honesty on both sides of the debate.

2 Likes