Integra Type S Purchase

I reserved one of the first 200 Integra Type S’s. It’s showing up at the dealership soon and I’m wondering what you all think about following through with my order. It’s at MSRP (~52K) which in a vacuum I would say is too much for this car, but my goal is to potentially drive it for 6 months or so and then find a buyer. They cannot be found at MSRP right now, and last I checked the production numbers were estimated to be ~3600 per year which I think is slightly lower than the Civic Type R. Downside is that I’m in CA and the sales tax is going to be a problem. OTD it will be ~57K. I wonder what my chances are of driving it for 6 months and finding a buyer in the 54K range…

What do you guys think? Good idea or bad idea?

It’s a gamble, period. Proceed accordingly.

6 Likes

No one can predict what this car’s value will be in 6 months or even in a year.

@Vezhof - What’s so special about the first 200 editions? Is there a plaque/serial number in the car to indicate it is a low production model?

When @ethanrs flips supercars, he gets unicorn deals, and he really knows the market. The chances of you profiting from this or even breaking even is slim. I think most people getting this will be doing it for nostalgia. There are much better cars in this price range - S4, M340i. The Elantra N is $34k plus another $2k-$3k market adjustement.

1 Like

I can easily see these holding their value or going above MSRP, based on how steady the Type R has maintained its value, or is above MSRP at any dealer. The new ‘teg Type S is better than the current Type R in almost every way as a daily driver.

That said, without a crystal ball, anything is a gamble. Were I in the market and could get one at MSRP, I’d jump on it.

@Vezhof - What’s so special about the first 200 editions? Is there a plaque/serial number in the car to indicate it is a low production model?

I wish there was something like that! But no, nothing special unfortunately. Just that they are hard to get and should remain that way for a while.

It’s a gamble, period. Proceed accordingly.

Oh yea I know that for sure. Just want to see what other people think.

The chances of you profiting from this or even breaking even is slim.

Yea I’m more considering this a short term lease where the best case scenario is break even. If I can drive it for 6-12 months and have a cost of around $500/month when it’s all said and done that’s fine with me.

Ask if you can cula lease it

Can you elaborate or link me to something I can read that would explain the benefit of this?

https://www.cula.com/

For example my local CU unify fcu works with some Acura dealers in so cal

The dealer going to want $ from the backend they might not be willing

Interesting. What’s the benefit here? Seems like it’s just a traditional lease through a CU?

You can sell to whoever you want
And taxes are monthly

ah ok makes sense, it’s a traditional lease with an easy way out.

Are they doing a PMC edition like they did with the TLX Type S?

I think the lock-up on demo’s ends tomorrow, but the local dealer was allowing test drives, so some folks are gonna pay ADM for farts.

yep. I’m going in today to drive the demo before it’s sold lol. I’ll add a couple farts for good measure.

In the real world a S4 starts above the top trim Integra type S. The M340i is even more expensive. Elantra N is cheaper but front wheel drive, less powerful and less nice. All have their place. But of few would buy an Integra type S if a comparable M340i was the same price.

2 Likes

Type S is also front wheel drive. It is an objectively better car than the Elantra N, whether it’s 15K nicer… I don’t know.

1 Like

Sold my Type S for $211 more than I paid for it including sales tax, had less than 75 miles though

5 Likes

The Elantra N is $34k plus another $2k-$3k market adjustement.

I guess it depends on location? SoCal I was seeing them at MSRP.

When @ethanrs flips supercars

Is this “supercar” worth flipping, @ethanrs?

I’d pay ADM for a Shakira fart.

5 Likes