Insurance during Covid-19

You’re right. It looks like Metromile is only available in Arizona, California, Illinois, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.

I should’ve mentioned that earlier.

2 Likes

It’s not competitive at all in PA at 10k a year progressive was cheaper by 20a month.

Allstate posted my estimated payback of $30.44 for the month of April:

You will get the credit when your policy renews in September.

I use Metromile which only charges you per miles driven so it automatically saves you money when you drive less. Perfect time to switch to Metromile if you don’t already have it!

It’s a motorcycle policy covering six motorcycles in my garage. It renews once a year on March. I pay it once a year.

Again, fuck Geico.

“California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara ordered insurance companies to return premiums paid for at least March and April. It will extend through May if stay-at-home restrictions continue.”

Sounds like some good news for those here in CA. See full bulletin here.

4 Likes

This is interesting. Will have to keep my eyes and ears open to see what happens.

I heard nothing from my insurance provide, Amica.

" … we’re announcing the COVID-19 Auto Premium Relief Program . Every Amica customer that had an automobile insured with us on April 1, 2020, will receive a 20% credit on their auto premiums for April and May, pending regulatory approval.”

woohoo, stripper money

Speaking of. That must be a sucky profession to have been in when this blew up.

1 Like

You have no idea.

2 Likes

Got this today

1 Like

Go Eagles, I guess?

1 Like

I have to ask:

• stage name?
  • what song do they you in/out?

Asked GEICO to re-rate the policy; 6-month premium went form $3,800 to $3,000 for 4 vehicles. And this is not including the 15% ($450) which is said to be credited in 7-10 days. Some silver lining from this hysteria :slightly_smiling_face: Stimulus ($2,400) will cover most of the coverage.

That sounds insane. Are you driving a Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Ferrari and Lambo?

2 Likes

No, but we’re in Greater Los Angeles area :rage:

Sure you can blame CA for your premium but most likely you have either/or/and - young drivers/expensive cars/accidents/claims/low deductibles/vast coverage/friendly broker.

1 Like