Instructions on how to get a BMW OL incentive - Ultimate Drive Events UDE

You have to attend the event first…

Sometimes, you can get an OL code is emailed w/o attending but rarely.

The email said come in or call. I called and he said he’d register me and was putting my info in the computer.

That may most likely be for scheduling your appointment.

I made it clear I wasn’t coming in and just wanted to register for the OL code, which is when he said he’d put everything in the system.

@nextlevelautobrokers, found the source of my confusion. From PenFed site fine print:

“Cash incentives are not applicable for vehicles leased/financed through BMW Financial Services. Member must take retail delivery January 06, 2020 - January 4, 2021. “

I believe that’s a reference to the $2500 customer cash advertised on their website. I think PenFed is only $500 when using BMW FS whether lease or loan. Maybe a dealer on here can confirm.

1 Like

I also called one dealer and see whether a virtual visit was okay. The dealer said it was fine and put my info into the system and I received the email in less than a day.

That’s very cool.
Maybe I should try it…but I’m sure the dealer would want me to come in.
Also I thought it started tomrw?

You are correct, and the extra cash for financing via PenFed varies by vehicle. It’s $3,250 on an X5 45e, for instance. You have to weigh out what’s better if you are going the finance route - extra PenFed cash but a higher interest rate via PenFed or the BMWFS retail cash/allowance and a lower interest rate.

Hey. Can I ask what region you are in and what the event dates by you?

The dealer near me participating in the event supposedly doesn’t start till tomrw.

Did you speak to a CA or a receptionist? How hard was it to get ?

Thanks for confirming AP. Do you happen to know off hand whether penfed handles leases?

They are not a 3rd party leaser as far as I know. I don’t even think BMW allows 3rd party leasing companies and don’t think I’ve ever seen one.

The dealer is in CA. I think it was the summer drive on event in late July.

There is an event in Philly next week. Even though i dont see anything about a code. If I go will I get a code?

1 Like

Yes. Most likely. They didn’t advertise it on the earlier UD event at MetLife but everyone who went received one.

1 Like

For the few of us who are in the Denver, CO area the UDE event just started accepting registrations. No mention of OL code though as mentioned above one typically receives an OL code for attending.

https://udedenver.eventsbmw.com/

1 Like

For anyone in the philly area.

There’s an event at citizens bank park this weekend. I signed up tuesday and was put on the waitlist Just got a confirmed time slot today.

I am going to the one in philly this weekend.
Will be my first UDE.

1 Like

I know Members First has a RVLG published via CULA, but I have no clue if they are allowed or even used.

@Jrouleau426 I’ll be there Sunday.

Enjoy - it’s a lot of fun. It’s a bit weird this year since the professional coaches can’t actually ride in the car with you, but it works out well enough via radio.

I got my OL code (from NJ event) within 24 hours.

I’m scheduled at 1130. You?