Infiniti Red Sport Lease Question

Hi, just looking for some advice on a Red Sport lease. I have one now with 3 payments left. I have an offer to turn it in for a new RS that has a few more features, and of course a higher MSRP, $63,900.

The current offer I have is for $542/month with $5400 down, 10k miles per year. I also put down $5k in security payments on my current car, which they would keep as part of the deal. So basically it seems to me like $10k down. The payoff on my current car is $26.5k, trade allowance is $32.5k.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether this is good/bad/indifferent. Thank you.

take the bag :moneybag: from the trade allowance and get another car - $10k down on a Q50 makes no sense especially since itā€™s a old car now

simple answer bad deal imo

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€˜old carā€™. This would be brand new 2024 model. Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding something. Still, I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to do it.

send us a text - we can assist w this 732-779-2587

Holy moly. I havenā€™t seen one of these leases in ages. I have a '19(?) back when they first came out with the slight refresh. It was/is a great car for what it is, but I certainly wouldnā€™t get one now (unless nearly free).

Thatā€™s interesting, why not? Itā€™s a great car, as you said. Is it considered old tech or something? What would be comparable these days?

So $16,400 down?

$5,400 cash
$5,000 prior deposit
$6,000 equity

I think LH wants to see you in one of those eTron leases.

It was more great years ago. The car came out in like 2014 and hasnā€™t changed much. I had 3 Infiniti cars, the last being the 2019 RedSport when it was ā€œredesignedā€.

The monthly payment would have to be very very cheap to remotely spark my interest now. Granted, times have definitely changedā€¦but your offer is way above and beyond what I had paid (again, for the same car).

Also for S&G, what is the trade in question? Have you shopped for multiple offers?

Not worth it. Too expensive and the car hasnā€™t been changed at all since almost a decade.

Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but I donā€™t thing I have any equity, my current car is a lease thatā€™s coming to an end. Iā€™m not too sharp on this stuff though.

Iā€™m not really up on whatā€™s new and dandy these days. The car seems fine to me. Iā€™ve had zero problems with this or the last two I leased. Itā€™s pretty darn quick when I want it to be, and itā€™s got plenty of bells and whistles. Anyone that gets in it is very impressed, not that itā€™s a concern.

What would I get from a newer design car? Is there something comparable in terms of performance, features and reliability in the price range? Iā€™m more than happy to consider something else, but it needs to have at least the same oomph when you punch it.

I think I wasnā€™t clear in my original post. My current car is leased, also a Red Sport. I think I gave the impression Iā€™m trading in a car I own.

you should send us a text and weā€™ll literally save you thousands of dollars.

Sell it and move on to something else. $64k for a vehicle designed a decade ago is insanity. There is plenty of other ICE 400hp fun coupes out there to be had.

1 Like

Not Stellantis level insanity, but you have a point. :smirk:

It is still a nice car compared to some. Iā€™d say go for it if the money makes sense. The numbers Iā€™ve seen so farā€¦do not make sense for the car. I havenā€™t shopped them in a looong time, but you should be able to do much better than that.

Iā€™ve had over half a dozen Nissan/Infiniti carsā€¦Zā€™s & Qā€™s. So this is coming from a fan of the cars.

This is what I have so far:
Market Value Selling Price 63,930.00
Discount 4,750.00
OWNER LOYALTY 1,500.00
DEST 1,150.00
Trade Allowance 32,500.00
Plus
Tax/Title/Fees & Payoff

Not sure if that makes it look any better. Iā€™ve looked at Audis, still have to research which models would be similar to the RS. Most people I know with German cars seem to spend a lot of money on service and repair though.

So what do you get in a car that was more recently designed? I donā€™t care too much about avionics. It seems like the more tech there is in car the more problems there are. My existing car already has more stuff than I want. Too bad they donā€™t make dumb cars any more.

Your equity is the difference between the $32.5K theyā€™re offering and the $26.5K buyout. Assuming you could get $32.5K for it elsewhere, the $6K is equity.

Have you considered buying your current car out and keeping it? Nothing wrong with a new one, but if youā€™re happy with it you could buy the current one for what youā€™ll pay for another three year lease.