Infiniti QX30 Sport - $305 in SA TX

I just had to bail on a really good lease deal: $305 / month including tax,
39/12k, zero down, first month paid (effectively making this $297/month).

2017 Infiniti QX30 Sport w/ Leather, LED & Tech packages
Gunn Infiniti San Antonio Stock # : I17222
MSRP: $44,235
Money factor: .00003
Residual: 55%
That works out to about a 26% discount off selling price.
Includes about $2100 sales tax.
PM me and I’ll introduce you to the salesman.
I worked on this hard for a couple weeks, but my daughter changed her mind this morning and wants a larger SUV.

2 Likes

The QX30 is a return to the bad old days of badge engineering. Ugh.

What’s wrong with the QX30? I’d rather have the QX over the Mercedes stable mate any day (except for the AMG version). It’s better looking, better equipped, cheaper and apparently tuned better too…that lease is brilliant too, shame @M5yates couldn’t take advantage of it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/infiniti/qx30

What are you getting instead?

Looking at some other TX deals, seems there can be tax credits that wipe out most if not all the tax due. Was that in your deal?

@M5yates

That is an insane deal. I’ve been looking for a QX30 sport, but couldn’t get near your price. It seems like you got this great deal by having a sale price well below MSRP, plus a super low money factor.

How did you get a sale price of ~32,733? Factory invoice on this is about $37k. Also, that money factor rate you posted is a .07% APR. Is that for real?

I would jump on this in right away, but I’m in CA. Would like to replicate this in CA.

I consider the QX30 & GLA platform sharing. The Sport version of the QX30 handles better than the GLA. My kid really liked it. (She currently drives a sport packaged BMW e90 and hates the way my wife’s Q50 & new BMW 328i handle.) She has the same complaint I’ve read here before, the QX30 too small/cramped. She’s 5’10" and her boyfriend is a broad-shouldered 6’5".

February Infiniti QX30 money factor is .00003 and 12k residual for the Sport model is 55%. I bounce offers from three dealers back and forth until my goal of $300/month was offered Gunn Infiniti (Santrell). Both Austin Infiniti (Tony) and Houston Sewell (Oscar) stopped at $325/month w/ zero down. I couldn’t use MSDs because the money factor was already down to almost nothing. Part of Austin’s proposal was $1500 in partial tax credit for my returning Q50 lease.

BTW, Mercedes lease offers were a joke, $600 for a $38k GLA. I didn’t even counter. I couldn’t get a BMW X1 (our first choice) below $450 – also the Austin dealer lied about money factor/depreciation even when presented with hand calculated numbers. Yes, I was showing off.

Infiniti constantly provides bang for the buck cars & leases. It’s not as expensive to get high end safety features like the emergency braking, lane departure, blind spot warning, and LED headlights as it is in the competition. We’ve started shopping for QX50 now and I hope I haven’t used up my good will at these dealers.

In CA, You’ll won’t have to deal with $2100 in taxes upfront.
That’s one factor really makes leasing lux cars here in TX hard to do at a good price.

@M5yates

Thanks for the reply. But, I still don’t get how you got to a selling price of 32k when invoice on this car is 37k. Just looking for details so I can replicate here in CA. Thank you.

[quote=“blakes, post:9, topic:8864”]
Thanks for the reply. But, I still don’t get how you got to a selling price of 32k when invoice on this car is 37k.
[/quote] I didn’t negotiate selling price, I negotiated monthly payment with nothing down. I let the dealer worry about how they got there. That’s a good way to get fleeced if you don’t know what you are doing, but it works well for me.

I had knee surgery last week, so 90% of the negotiations were done by email from my laptop in bed; the rest by phone. The dealership my daughter used for the test drive wasn’t even one I was working with (she went to the wrong one).

That was a pretty slick lease my issues with the QX is that it is a flawed GLA lacking the cachet of the silver star. The Sport version is supposed to fix some of those flaws though.

@M5yates Sent you a PM. Need dealer info please.

It’s listed directly in his first post.

The salespersons name is Santrell Torres, ttorres@gunnauto.com

That’s a better deal than what I got offered.

QX30 Premium AWD w/ LED, Tech, and Navi.
$349 included with 9% tax - $0 down, $0 out of pocket
10k miles/year
39 months

Dealer taking over last 4 payments left on my current lease.

Only 6.25% tax here … of the selling price!

Looks like infinity is sending out emails with $2000 discount code for promoting qx30 sales…
Couldn’t upload it using mobile due to file size.
Will post later today.

I just got one as well. I assume this is in addition to the haggled price? I hope so…

How do you get this email?

Yes that’s the one. you saved me the hassle of sharing it from my side.