Infiniti Q60S Red Sport Need Advice On Deal!

Ok so I was able to get this deal on the table not sure if it’s good, pretty new to this website and leasing. Learned about the MSD’s which I took advantage of. Should I take this deal or wait a few months? I live in south Florida and I was aiming for $500 a month with taxes. I don’t need the car this second, but if you guys can give me your opinion on it, I would definitely appreciate it!

$900 doc fee is a scam.

And I am guessing you can get a lower selling price.

I’m new to this so do I get him to waive this? Also on the price, he said I’m $400 above what the dealers get it for, not sure if that’s true or what.

Just tell them you’re not paying it. Its a bullshit fee dealers try to charge basically for doing the documentation work when selling a car. Usually its something like $80-400. Even then its bullshit but $900 is just a scam.

" I’m $400 above what the dealers get it for, not sure if that’s true or what.

Its bullshit. Hes referring to the invoice price. But dealers also get holdout cash and other incentives for selling cars by the manufacturer.

Invoice price is an easy way for them to say “Oh ok we’ll take the price down from $55k to $53k. Look were only making $400 on this deal!”.

A BMW dealership offered me $2k below the invoice price for example.

I don’t know how much lower they can go but you probably can get a better deal. If you don’t need the car right now email/call a few dealers and see if they can give you something better.

It is, but that’s the reality in states where these fees are not limited by law. You can fight it of course, but it’s dealer’s direct profit. Better way to compensate for these is to get corresponding (or at least particial) discount on the sale price.

Sure, $900 doc fee though?

Its near an extra $30 a month. I am pretty sure they’ll cut it down few hundred if you’re willing to walk away at the very least.

Id try eliminating it together and maybe accepting the offer if they lowered it significantly.

So if I can get him to cut that down this is a good deal? Talking residual #'s, money factor & ETC? I might as well send this to a few other dealers in the area to see if I can get a better price. I originally wanted $450 a month with taxes, but don’t think that’s possible with this car. I feel like if I wait longer I won’t be able to put all 9 MSD’s down and it’ll be even more money. Any more opinions? Thanks!!!

Not going to happen.

I know, but I’d start with that.

I mean most places charge like $80 for doc fee.

So if I can get him to cut that down this is a good deal? Talking residual #'s, money factor & ETC? I might as well send this to a few other dealers in the area to see if I can get a better price. I originally wanted $450 a month with taxes, but don’t think that’s possible with this car. I feel like if I wait longer I won’t be able to put all 9 MSD’s down and it’ll be even more money. Any more opinions? Thanks!!!

I honestly have no idea. The 64% residual and 0.00054 MF look good, especially for 39 months. Check truecar for the selling price. Only bad thing here is the doc fee and no incentives.

Looking at that thread looks like I got a pretty good MF. TrueCar values the car at $50,474 & MSRP $52,205 so not sure. Gonna sleep on this because I really want the car. Don’t know though if I should wait until December or pull the trigger now on it. If I can somehow get the doc fee reduced or waived I know i’ll be at the price I want so it’s worth a call to him to see what he says if not guess ill email the other dealers.

For Truecar make sure you’re setting the right options so you get the same MSRP.

A dealer in San Diego just told me he can knock 10k off a 50k car. I didn’t even try to buy the car. They wanted to sell quick

Which model the Q60 red sport?

Q50 hybrid but I believe he was referring to all q50

Yea I can get a Q50 Red Sport Low 400’s but the Q60 is much more attractive to me.

I too am in S. Florida and these dealer fees are totally common and out of control. What I am curious about is the $700 in “Other Upfront Charges?” Is this due to negative equity in another lease?

No idea, I’ll have to ask that’s not possible because this is my first lease lol.

Most places charge the maximum allowed by law. Which is $80 in California. There is no limit in Florida, so dealers are accustomed to charging excess amounts.

Got them to $499 a month taxes included I’m paying nothing out of pocket (dealer fee’s, taxes and doc fee included in monthly) only MSD’s and 39/12 I think it’s a no brainier for me at this point.

1 Like

quick question regarding that paper.

how come net cap cost is higher then agreed price of the vehicle?

also, when calculating monthly cost, isn’t it;

(agreed price of the vehicle - residual value) / (number of month) ?