I'm talkin bout coffee

I usually do about 12 ounces of the regular black unsweetened with about an ounce of whole milk. That’s the other benefit of not going to starbucks, since everything I usually get there has way too much sugar in it.

Yes, I realize I’ve corrupted the coffee thread by talking about this swill.

1 Like

For pods, we’ve been enjoying the Dunkin’ cold brew lately but served hot over Oat milk.

i still can’t believe that’s a thing on LH. like it’s wild. and i still can’t believe the mods have allowed it to continue.

1 Like

What reason would there be for us to not allow it? What guideline does it violate? Have the mods ever dictated anyone else’s prices? There are definitely guidelines in place for how a price is disclosed, but what the price actually is?

2 Likes

technically, selling over msrp is defined as “price gouging”, which violates the foundation of a site that’s called “leasehackr”…note how it’s not called “MSRPhackr”.

1 Like

I just buy coffee from Queen City in Plainfield NJ usually and either drip on Chemex or espresso / latte from Breville.

technically, “price gouging” has a very specific definition, and selling under market rate, even if that’s over MSRP, is far from it.

There are people trying to use “price gouging” to describe over MSRP selling, because it sounds much more sinister, but it doesn’t hold up.

3 Likes

Get yourself an Asobu, we only sell single origin high grown beans. It’s all I use for cold brew or any form of brewed drink. Starbucks is swill compared too good quality beans.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look to really do anything different than what my oxo does.

I’m sure the issue I’m having is a combination of beans and temp/time I’m brewing.

1 Like

It’s the amount of coffee to water ratio. If your off on that it tastes like $hit on both ends…to little and you get Dunkin’ Donuts, to much and you end up with restaurant swill.

Anyone else here in NC? Our local grocery store Lowe’s foods gets lots of different beans and they will custom roast for you as well. Also on Fridays they have half price, so $5 a pound

2 Likes

If everybody else is asking for 5-10,000 over and the market supports it, and you’re asking for 3,000 over and have the inventory to back it up then you’re still selling at discount per the market.

1 Like

plenty of dealers do not go over msrp, as a rule. those who do, are, by definition, gouging.

And if someone wants to seek out those dealers by way of researching online and cold calling that’s fantastic. Providing they have inventory…

Walk up the block to D’Amicos for the best coffee in NYC!

3 Likes

People really take coffee this serious?

I’m still at a pound an hour. Strictly hobbyist setup.

Everyone has a Vice. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some people might question how or why we take cars so seriously.

1 Like

What’s a good home roast setup? I have about a dozen ways to brew coffee and love the craft, and I’ve wanted to take that next step and learn the roasting / sourcing side of things.

Are you talking about during the cold brew process or for post-brewing dilution… or yes?

I’ve tried a handful of different water to weight of beans ratios while brewing and haven’t got much in the way of a difference.