I'm back....time to hunt for a unicorn

Sorry all I have been largely MIA for the past year. Been busy on expanding the property side of the business and soon will be raising cap. To go national on a brokerage spinoff (real estate).

Now, I lease swapped my 745e and it is time to hunt for a unicorn but the car market has gotten crazy (almost every market has crazy verticals I.e. lumber, wings, housing, labor). Time to find a deal to hack. Anyone have any recommendations or think a specific type of car is hack worthy.

3 Likes

Honestly, any car nowadays would be awesome to pursue for unicorn deal lmao. My personal opinion is I would try to go after a car that really ain’t talked about much or isn’t heavily mentioned on the forum to try and give a new foundation for deals to be worked on. Now if reason car isn’t talked about is because it leases horrible( I mean what doesn’t nowadays compared to while back ), just drop it but yah maybe go in that direction?

Edit: Also, look into a car that’s possibly in range for most people’s pockets too! Something a lot of people will gravitate to? Hell combine this with previous one? Idk, just some ideas I guess.

1 Like

I have my targets set on a few, I usually like to build my own deals and let others replicate or build on what we learn from each other here. If anyone can send me dealer books with incentives and RV/MF that would be great I can try to put it together.

From scoping through and talking to others I’m seeing the base TLX, F Type maybe good leases. I would like to maybe do one for the masses or both and then try to do an Aston Martin lease; I feel as though they can be hacked. Hunch.

Yah i haven’t seen much of F-Type. I was seeing F-Pace SUVs a lot on here being posted when I was first reading some threads. But those have kinda disappeared.

I did get a little into TLX A-Spec myself and was close to a deal 380 a month for 7,500 miles but this was back in like April and kinda abandoned that, then went into Genesis G70 but now just gonna wait I think till it cools down.

I know BMW and Mercedes are often talked about, Audi is here and there. Definitely have not seen Martins lmao. I do think if you can hit both sides. That would be awesome.

IMO the most hack worthy yet still unique car right now is the A7e, especially if you’re a penfed member. Just need to put in some work and have good timing!

1 Like

Equity hacking is the new wave

8 Likes

That show is pretty much over now

2 Likes

Have you considered taking over someone’s lease for a few months, giving the market time to come back to normal.

Maybe try out a car, perhaps a Porsche 911 GT, something you can compare with your future Aston Martin lease hack.

Thinking a classic actually to buy to cover the short term if I can’t find anything.

2 Likes

I noticed that, congratulations I saw you retired from sales, where are you now? 4XEs and no 3rd party buy outs are all the rage lol

be vewy vewy quiet…

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

5 Likes

@Samaudibh A8e or A7e hackable? Seeing around $13k rebates with Penfed on A7e if not mistaken

The Audi A8 is a better unicorn

I have a 12 day supply in July . Can’t hack anything

3 Likes

omg @senwia you said the U word in these times lol.

2 Likes

It most definitely is harder but not impossible.

1 Like

I saw an A7e plugged in at target yesterday. Must have been a leasehackr using free charging on their 100k car :joy:. Nice car though!

4 Likes

Land Rover dealers were known to do blowouts periodically.

Aston had great leases when they had a $5k conquest credit

BMW and Mercedes deals are in the toilet. Although Benz dealers are waaay easier to deal with.

I don’t mess with the domestics. Acura deals are good with the conquest credit

Lexus deals suck - Sky high MF’s on the GX -

I have always wanted to hack a high end Porsche but it’s more of a purchase play

Also focusing on cars that get the tax credit is something to look into - what the pipeline is - like the new NX -

1 Like

I debated posting a canned reply (“Most cars do not lease well)…:clown_face:

4 Likes

Did you mention buying an old SL somewhere and then delete it or did I dream it?

Has euro headlights and bumpers. Love this car, if I wasn’t so set on not dealing with having to fix old cars constantly, I’d consider this car

1 Like