If No Federal EV credit, How Does Nissan Structure Ariya Leases in California? (CA-Norcal)

Hi LH,

Currently dealer shopping Ariya’s in Norcal.

Every dealer who I’ve spoken with can’t provide a straight forward answer regarding how they structure a 36/10k lease in regards to the EV credit.

I was under the assumption that Nissan is providing significant MSRP discounts as they are NOT eligible for the federal EV credit (but they do add the $1,000 dealer cash).

When asking for 10% to 12% off MSRP with a low/no DAS to make up for the lack of EV credit everyone has balked. Part of this is clearly a negotiation tactic, but it’s unclear how far I can push the MSRP discount/play back.

I’m looking to get in the ballpark of joeblogs Ariya: SIGNED : 2023 NISSAN ARIYA ENGAGE FWD $44K MSRP / $316mo / First DAS - #2 by Meximoney

(yes I know it’s a different state with different credits/residual)

Only Norcal example I can find:

If anyone had clarity on this subject, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Its built into the rv/mf rather than provided as a cap cost reduction.

2 Likes

If this is the case, is the MF intended to be fixed at a low rate by Nissan, or is it a negotiation tactic? A dealer I’m talking to has heavily marked up the MF - which seems to be counter-intuitive to what Nissan intended discount is supposed to be (to make up for the lack of the EV credit).

Instead of speculating on unknowns like Nissan’s intentions, stay laser focused on getting a car if that’s your goal

Make your offer based on buyrate and if someone wants to lower the selling price further in order to mark up the MF to achieve the same outcome, so be it.

2 Likes

Youre conflating the dealer and the manufacturer/captive bank.

The dealer you’re dealing with would likely be marking up the mf regardless. Theyre proposing a deal that makes thrm extra money on the back end. It has nothing to do with how the captive bank has decided to pass on their tax credit.

Ultimately if the dealer is marking up the mf is irrelevant. Set a target deal based on buy rate, make an offer, and if the dealer wants to mark up the money factor as part of getting to your target numbers, more power to them. It does nothing but helps you for them to do so.

1 Like

It feels that I’m over complicating the EV incentive as it’s already baked in into the MF rate.

It sounds as if this is fully baked in and there is no negotiation the my behalf.

In short, if a dealer is already offering buy rate MF, and the incentive is baked in, and I want an Ariya under $400/month with tax and close to $0 DAS to be competitive with my ID4 offer, the only lever they have (and that I can ask for) is a lower MSRP to get to my desired price point?

You can ask for a lower selling price/larger discount or you can target a lower optioned ariya that has a lower MSRP.

Thank you for the help!

The Ariya Evolve has a 63% RV and a 0.00057 MF.
As the normal EV is in the 50’s you can already see they are holding about $6700 back and the super low MF reduces payments a lot.

If you do get one, get at least the Evolve, the Digital Mirror and 360 camera are super nice.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.