I would if I only could

Because you are not the first one to make a post like this, and this thread is not about you. It was meant to be tongue in cheek, you just got lucky to be quoted.

Do you disagree that this type of response is toxic and a deterrent to potential buyers with good intentions? That’s all I’m saying.

I just PMd you the answer. Just letting you know…

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t recall if I ever posted something like that but I’m waiting to get called out if I did.

I’m not going back searching :slightly_smiling_face:

Damn! I’ll watch this just in case someone does.

Maybe someone in the @tech_crew wants a fun project and could make a little program that can search the site for “I wish” or “If I could” posts.

I know that I ABSOLUTELY made every newbie posting “error.” It’s just part of an education. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the thread is a bit overkill, he is not wrong that most of the time these comments are just unnecessary and dumb, however sometimes it’s just a free thread bump/ sign of respect… i.e nice deal, maybe it’s not right for me but I stamp my approval sort of thing for someone else to see and snatch it up.

For example on one m550 I saw a great payment, but it didn’t have dap+ or luxury seating but nonetheless a great deal so I sort of said “great deal should move fast, if only it had one of those packages and I would be all over it”

I see it as encouragement to others to move the vehicle along faster, however most of the time it’s not said in that context… therefore it become a forum joke.

2 Likes

Yessir haha

2 Likes

2 Likes

Lol. You get the reward for being the most useless poster with too much time on their hands.

Although, if you are actually interested and not simply a teenager with too much time on their hands, I had PM’d with that broker and ended up getting the same car from someone else.

Deal is solid and they seemed to be wondering where those previously interested parties had gone. Context.

Who cares? Read the first post

Does the OP or broker or dealer care why someone can’t take over their lease/buy a car from them?

4 Likes

Great thread. I would have started it myself if I had the time.

7 Likes

How would you know? Nice community service guy. :roll_eyes:

By being here for 4.5 years longer than you?

I posted on another M5 one because Quentin was being a jerk to the OP.