I want to vent about brokering over MSRP and with high fees

That’s the great thing about America. Don’t like the price you have other options.
That being said I could likely charge $2000 fee for my msrp ev6 deals. I don’t have enough and have a 10 person waitlist on them with the $1000 fee.

Low volume = higher prices. Pretty basic stuff

10 Likes

The Telluride has to be the best value on the road today. You get a lot for a reasonable msrp. The new 23 interior is also pretty sick.

3 Likes

Pretty sure that’s why they sell at 5-15k over msrp. I was very impressed by it when I got one as a rental last month. It actually made me start brokering Kia’s. But it was sticker shock when I started calling dealers to see what pricing we can move volume at!

4 Likes

I don’t doubt that you could. Just like dealers that are putting $25,000 markups on Escalades. The point here, which you have confirmed, is that you’re not really interested in providing a service with a “fair” broker fee. All you’re interested in is making more and more money for yourself.

Most of the other brokers could do the same thing and increase their broker fees to $1,000 if they wanted to. They’d still sell cars. But they don’t and that says a lot about their character. Your ridiculous broker fees for a Kia several thousand above MSRP also says a lot about you.

Some customers shop solely based on price. Some also shop with their conscience.

Imagine someone selling baby formula at triple the regular price right now. That’s you, but with cars.

1 Like

You are comparing apples to oranges with baby formula, it is not a want but a necessity to humans. Vehicles on the other hand, is a want. Do keep in mind for some people, a car is a method of transportation that is needed in everyday civilian life. That is why there is many options for a consumer to choose from. Your opinion about “fair pricing” can be different to others, people are paying easily 5-10k over for these hot new cars, Telluride, Sorrento Hybrids, Carnivals, EV6, etc. People want the ease of mind, paying a fee for a broker to do all the work for them is there choice.

4 Likes

Lmfao where did this troll come from?

5 Likes

My revenue is down about 50% in the last 2 years. So not sure you understand how markets work.

I love doing volume deals. There’s no such thing as a fair price either. There’s just prices, the fair price is what someone will pay.

based on your screen name I’ll assume you haven’t seen the prices on lambos. Would I be greedy to charge a $50k fee to get you one at msrp?

8 Likes

People have always paid premiums for in-demand automobiles…I recall people paying over sticker for the first gen Miata 30+ years ago. I don’t care what a broker makes…I care about my final cost.

Funny thing about the Telluride…I did a car focus group before it was released, and the car was a Telluride (all the labels were blacked out). I was amazed how nice it was, and guessed a much higher price than it came out at. Clearly others agree.

But I’ll still take a loaded German car given the choice.

1 Like

At $1000 fee on MSRP for EV6 and not having to call 100 dealers and then to be told to wait for 6months, Jim is doing a service in the current market. Please stop chasing him away.

9 Likes

don’t you understand he’s a terrible bastard and should be giving the cars away for under invoice!

1 Like

Member for a month, 25 minutes read time, and he’s already riding Jim’s ass. Must be an alt.

7 Likes

Ordered from jim before. Nice transaction.

@LamboRMe i will pay you 1k if you can bring me a similar carnival that Jim has listed here for MSRP in stock unit. Thanks. If you can’t, then stop posting about brokering. If you can, let us know. I will take 3 carnivals in stock at MSRP.

3 Likes

Anyone here have a carnival? I may order one.

You do realize humans existed for millennia without baby formula?

4 Likes

I have a red lx for 2k over msrp. The rest are 5k over. If you’re ordering and willing to wait 6-12 months you should be able to find an msrp deal.

3 Likes

Man you’re dating yourself. Sadly I remembered that too. For a 20k car it was marked up 10k when it came out.

2 Likes

Its a free market… if its overpriced or there is no demand… no one will buy it.

6 Likes

Yea all dealers around me are MSRP even in stock. Can never get them under MSRP during normal times. But Covid ADM’s are not a thing here…scooping two IOniq 5’s for sticker when they arrive second week in July.

1 Like

@nycsimone and @LamboRMe have the same IP address. The new duplicate account has been suspended per the Guidelines for Moderation.

Please stick to one account per person, thanks!

-LH Admin

38 Likes

Busted. What a loser. If someone’s pricing is too expensive per your opinion, the proper thing to do, when contributing to the forum, is to refer dealers that have them cheaper in stock or coming soon. Everyone knows you can order these at around msrp if willing to wait a year plus. I can order almost anything for anyone at msrp if you’re willing to wait. Most don’t have that luxury.

7 Likes