I want to vent about brokering over MSRP and with high fees

$5k over sticker?? Jeez…and I thought dealers around here advertising $2k over sticker with a $1,999 protection package was bad…

2 Likes

I don’t think 5k is terrible compared to what I’m seeing out there. Sold 2 already this am…

4 Likes

Maybe not terrible but it seems kind of silly to pay a $500 broker fee for “not terrible”. If you have people willing to pay that then more power to you…God Bless America.

2 Likes

God bless it indeed. People pay for what they want in NY and if I have the inventory at a price someone’s willing to pay then there’s value. Thanks for your input though, I have better Kia deals but these are in demand hence the markup.

5 Likes

this is where inflation is coming from. Rising interest rate will turn the tide around eventually, leaving most in ruin though

1 Like

What goes around …comes around…these 10%,15%,20% over MSRP days will end and I’ll give my business to those brokers or dealers who were fair to their customers

4 Likes

behavioral economics disagrees!

14 Likes

There’s a certain reality to what stuff is selling for in different markets. I don’t see the problem with a broker posting up the prices and simply saying “well, here’s what the price is if you want it”, particularly after several people asking for that specific model.

13 Likes

you’re lucky to be able to even get one at all. a buddy of mine has been hunting for a carnival down here for months to no avail. you’d need nicholas cage and a secret map to be able to find one of these things.

4 Likes

I’ll be the one with the huge discounts if/when things get better. Feel free to pay thousands more!

People need to realize brokers want the cheapest price possible. That’s how it’s easiest for everyone. I post what’s available and it’s a take it or someone else buys situation now.

15 Likes

this is reasonable markup, check hyundai website and from there search for NY dealers you will see so called market adjustment upto $15k advertised and mind its on manufacturer’s website for specific dealer

4 Likes

I am in a Kia Carnival group- dealers are asking 8-15k over MSRP!!!

2 Likes

But it’s a KIA!

2 Likes

10 years ago, I would have agreed. Drive one! Carnivals and Tellurides match with european luxury but with better reliability!

1 Like

$750-$1,000 broker fees for vehicles several thousand above sticker price? I appreciate all the work brokers on this forum do and they generally have reasonable fees for their services but you just sound greedy to me. You have brokers charging $400-500 for Escalades at MSRP (which are impossible to find on dealer lots) and then you’re over here trying to make up to $1,000 on a Kia at a few grand over sticker price?

You remind me of the dealer charging $10k over sticker price on a Grand Cherokee plus a $2,999 protection package. I hope other people see what you’re doing and take their business elsewhere.

5 Likes

KIA has done an incredible job transforming the company…much like Samsung did over the last few decades.

But a Telluride is not built, and does not have the same craftsmanship and luxury, as an X7 or Q7.

2 Likes

It has a much higher level of craftsmanship and luxury than a comparably priced X7 or Q7 though.

That is true. But not what the poster said.

A comparably priced Telluride and X7 or Q7 doesn’t exist.

A fully loaded Telluride runs about $50k. The lowest trim Q7 starts at around $60k and X7 is almost $80k.

3 Likes

aziz ansari snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I also wouldnt consider a base trim q7 nearly as nice or nearly as equipped as the closest priced tellurude either

1 Like