I want to lease this 2024 Nissan Ariya Evolve+. MSRP sticker is attached. What price should I negotiate for?

Perhaps with the 24 programs it isn’t the right vehicle to target.

I thought the whole purpose of the lease calculator was to input real numbers and programs to see what I should be able to get. Even with the update of $14,100 in rebates, I’d be ok with this number of $221/mo effective. Here’s the calculations that should work…only thing is depreciation number is negative which means the dealer would have to make it positive and cut me a check for the difference I assume: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

The hard part is getting a dealer to not raise my MF and accept a one-pay with MSDs. I may have to fly out of state like I did last year to get the deal.

It’s to see what it should cost given your inputs.

So now you just need to find a dealer that’ll do 10% off, in Colorado, on a unit with the vin specific cash, give the full $5600 CO rebate that I’ve never seen a dealer do (they all do $5350), stack a one pay with max msds (which I thought Nissan had put a stop to anyway), and be willing to play games with the numbers by cutting you a check on the back end to get the deal to fund.

Is that all possible? Potentially. Is that a plausible thing to find? That’s a different story.

1 Like

What they did was say “no” to your offer.

That’s when you pack up and move on to the next dealer to make an offer to.

I hear your passive aggressiveness, that’s fine. I guess you’re confirming this dealer is another asshole who is lying by including an extra $2k summer cash that doesn’t even relate to the vehicle, and including the full $5600 which isn’t true. I haven’t heard about Nissan not doing one pays with MSDs anymore - I did one last April - again which is why I thought the calculator was supposed to be helpful, but now you say it throws shit in there that isn’t real. The Signed! part of this site has almost all Ariya’s at 10-13% off MSRP, and now you’re acting like a dealer is going to laugh at that (maybe they will?). Again I thought this site was supposed to have real stuff for me to go off of. Turns out this site is becoming a big waste of time.

This site tells you what kind of discount to expect … at one out of every 10-20 dealers. And it tells you how to make offers that leverage everything else that can lower TCO beyond just discount. And it tells you to move on from all but that one dealer.

If you are expecting anything else, yes it is indeed a colossal waste of time.

2 Likes

You can take it like I’m just being an ass

or you can it like I’m pointing out that you’re asking for a very, very specific circumstances to all fall into place and that you’re looking to find what may be a non-existent needle in a haystack.

Just because there are dealers that have taken 10-13% off on Aryias doesn’t mean they’re Colorado dealers, willing to align all those other stars for you.

The more you narrow down the potential vehicle pool because of ever increasing requirements, the less and less likely you are to find someone that is going to agree to your deal.

When we’re talking about these ridiculously aggressive deals, we’re talking about deals where people have talked to 20-30 dealers before finding someone to say yes. When the number of dealers that even could say yes is a fraction of that, chances are, no one is going to play along.

By all means, shoot your shot, but don’t be shocked if you can’t find someone willing to check that laundry list of boxes.

1 Like

@mllcb42 for what it’s worth, my primary Nissan store offers the full $5600 CO tax credit. I can’t speak for every Nissan store in CO but it is possible to get the full amount

@shootastour you’ll have to use best judgement as to what’s a fair discount based on what people received both in and outside of CO. CO has a $5600 credit that almost no other state has so dealers don’t have to give dramatic discounts off the car to sell it. While you may balk at a $300 payment, plenty of other people are very happy with that on a $50k car considering they can’t even get that on a Civic. Comparing discounts in a state with a big rebate to those without it is an unfair comparison so you need to be more reasonable in your discount expectations.

1 Like

Curious of your comment regarding the $2k Select Summer Bonus Cash doesn’t really exist on virtually any Ariya because it would mean they’d be sitting for a long time (another user told me it’s 90+ days), yet this dealer is advertising it on every vehicle. Does that mean they are lying and will fudge other numbers later?

Edit: The sales manager at this location confirmed to me in a nice way that these listings are all lying. smh, what a scummy business.

https://www.empirelakewoodnissan.com/electic/?idx=high_to_low&_dFR[Location][0]=Empire%2520Lakewood%2520Nissan&_dFR[make][0]=Nissan&_dFR[model][0]=ARIYA&_dFR[model][1]=Nissan%2520ARIYA&_dFR[type][0]=New&_dFR[year][0]=2024

How often have you seen on this site people getting a check from their dealership for the amount of negative depreciation? Getting an extra discount does not solve your negative depreciation problem.
Wouldn’t it be easier to search for a car that doesn’t have negative depreciation for a 24/36 months lease?

Been checking out the nearby Nissan dealers, but with the cyberattack its been kinda scuffed in making a deal.

Did you end up getting anywhere on an Ariya? Has any dealer been better than than another? Got a great MF in Fort Collins but they won’t budge on a good MSRP discount, then I get the exact opposite down in Centennial.

Curious what your MF was and was it for an 18 month or 24 month lease? Leasehackr calculator shows the 18 month as much better BUT the residual is lower and then you don’t get the state tax credit, plus NMAC doesn’t have $7500 additional discount. So realistically it needs to be 24 months in Colorado.

I haven’t done anything yet - I’m choosing to wait until August or September when I expect deals to get better, simply because it’s further along from the 3 yr Covid mess and interest rates might go down and result in lower MF.