I want to lease this 2024 Nissan Ariya Evolve+. MSRP sticker is attached. What price should I negotiate for?

Assuming I can get 10% off MSRP, here is what that leaves me with for an effective monthly price: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

The key incentives are: $7,500 EV (they don’t qualify but give it anyways to compete), $2,000 Nissan summer cash, $1,000 Nissan current lessee customer, and $5,000 Colorado EV rebate at time of sale. (Total altogether $15,500).

My question is where do the dealer add ons/destination charge come into play? Is that just ‘eaten’ and included technically in my final negotiated price already?

Pretty sure this deal won’t fly as the depreciation is negative.

What does this mean?

First i would chase for leftovers of 23MY. This is the same car.
Go to cargurus.com and search for Ariya in 300 miles radius. Reach out to every dealer possible with your price offer. With $5k Colorado EV credit any monthly above $150/m is a not good deal.
Just my $0.02.
Good luck.

1 Like

The $7500 is a federal EV tax credit if the vehicle is mostly made in the USA. This one isn’t but Nissan is giving the discount anyways to be competitive.

The issue with that is the residual number is much lower plus Nissan doesn’t offer the $7500 discount offer with 23’s.

Your MSRP for calc is 50840 which includes those options and destination.

1 Like

Updated: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Depreciation is negative though in the calculator…would NMAC do this deal or technically I could just wait until I file my state tax return next year to get the $5k that way rather than at the time of the transaction.

Double check for your area. The LH calculator did not have it for some Denver area zip codes I checked, but other regions do have that $7500 and additional 18 month incentives. Almost $16k here in the southeast on a 2023 Evolve+

1 Like

You can’t have a cap less than residual.

1 Like

That’s only true for purchases, not leases

Fair enough. Maybe I can ask about taking the tax credit later myself when I file. I know people are leasing this for under $190/mo effective. If there’s any tips on how I can do it cheaply, I’m all ears.

You are misunderstanding how the $7500 EV tax credit for leases work.

Here’s a good article:
https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html

2 Likes

These <150/mo deals will only happen if your registration zip code qualifies for additional NISSAN rebates. You’re a super supporter, check your lease incentives for your zip code. Also, the good deals are all 18 months.

Checkout the calculator here for 18 months. Doesn’t seem like a good deal: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Colorado where I live offers a $5k state rebate at the point of sale or later on your tax return if you want, but they require a minimum lease of 24 months. I wouldn’t mind doing 18 months if the numbers worked, but I’m not seeing how it works on the calculator. Zip code 80924. I still see a max of $10,500 of incentives for me in that case. What seems to make the deal work is $15,500 of incentives but in that case it makes the depreciation negatives so I think I’d have to ensure I can take the state credit on my return and not within this transaction.

Can you apply MSDs on a one-pay lease? It looks like if you qualify for the extra $5K you should be able to get the cost of the one-pay down to under $3K. You may also be able to apply the rebate as part of your one-pay and not as CCR.

How many dealers did you reach out so far?

Yes because I have done so currently on my Nissan Frontier Pro 4x which had 9MSD and was a one-pay. Yes I qualify for the extra $5k but it makes the depreciation amount negative and NMAC will only finance if depreciation is at least a positive $100+.

Hmmm, if I could apply the rebate as apart of the one-pay and not as cap cost reduction, then that would be great. Looking into it.

Just one so far today.

Wow. I think that might be not enough to get the best deal possible.

I’m also looking at a 2024 Ariya Platinum + with an MSRP of $58,070. What is a good % off to negotiate the value? 13% off is $50,521. Is that asking too much?