I Realize People Hate Them, But Is Nissan Frontier Still Getting Leased?

Not the best in any category, mpg sucks, and looks dated. But they are cheap and current incentives I see from manufacturer web is 1,500 cash back plus another 1,000 cash back for V6 models.

I’m in the market for a cheap, small pickup truck to haul around fitness stuff and furniture. Fuel don’t matter cause it’s all local driving and don’t care about fancy features. Came down to Tacoma v. Frontier, but most internet forums hate the Frontier. And here – we don’t have much info on Frontiers.

Getting MF, RV would be awesome for 91107. Wondering if these are even relevant and are seriously being leased these days? I would love a $0 down with my monthly payment at $249 or less, that’s my budget.

Just get a Tacoma from @Cody_Carter

6 Likes

Already reached out yesterday. Apparently new incentives aren’t out yet for Tacoma. All deals ended yesterday. He said:

“Incentives change today and haven’t been released yet. Currently the deals listed ended yesterday.”

Website updated yesterday. Everything posted is good through 2/3

3 Likes

perfect. will take a look

If the Frontier was a better lease value compared to the Tacoma, then people would be posting about the Frontier all the time.

understood. value is the key word - not to be mistaken by cheaper. Ultimately the monthly payment u pay each month is what matters most for leasing. So w/ Frontier, the monthly payment is significantly less than Tacoma. That’s just a fact. But you’re correct – the value isn’t there due to Frontier being more inferior in every way possible.

For my budget – Zip 91107 w/ Toyota Tacoma’s MF .00235 and RV 72% on base engine 4x2 double cab – the numbers just don’t add up esp considering my region. I need a small basic pickup for under $249/mo with tax. Just can’t see that w/ Tacoma. Or as you veteran hackrs always say here non-stop: “These newbies are looking for unicorn once in a lifetime deals.

You could get an access cab in your budget or a double cab if you bumped budget to $269

1 Like

You’re not looking hard enough; there are multiple marketplace threads that have Tacoma SRs in your price range. Cursory glance at the edmunds forums have the RV for Frontiers pegged in the high 50s / low 60s with a higher money factors, so unless you get a very steep discount you won’t be able to beat the monthly payment on a Tacoma.

Also you said you want a basic pickup truck but also you want a double cab? Why the double cab if you’re just going to be hauling around fitness stuff / furniture?

was under impression Double has way better RV than Access’ RV…and Access was much less demand, less leased, etc.

RV is better but the price increase between the two negates it if you’re trying to get the cheapest deal possible.

Seeing a double cab for $245.56 per month plus tax with $0 due at signing on @Cody_Carter 's site.

I see that. That’s for 36/10K at sample reference tax rate of 7.75% as stated in fine print.

I’m at 10.5% territory and want 36/12K which takes my monthly to $280. No go.

Fair enough. Good luck with your search, and report back if you are able to hack a Frontier lease!

It is? Link?

2 Likes

Look at @Jrouleau426 's marketplace post and compare Prices. Might be cheaper to pay for onetime shipping if you can.

1 Like

Here ya go, buddy. And this for the Frontier ‘Desert Runner’ Edition, not even the base model. If I put the base model numbers based on my zip, RV, MF if would be even less. Here ya go: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

And if u asking where I got my RV, MF, etc just look here at Nissan forum…scroll to last response: 2019 Nissan Frontier Lease Deals and Prices — Car Forums at Edmunds.com

Do you actually have a deal with those numbers? With 0 DAS like Cody’s deal, and 10.25% tax rate, it comes to $293: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Nissan&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=28030&sales_price=25400&months=36&mf=.00120&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=650&taxed_inc=2500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=60&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=10.5&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

3 Likes

Insane mileage aside, these things are (relatively) reliable and cheap to fix anyway, so at this price, does it not just make sense to buy a used one? $6k gets you a lovely beige interior

4 doors for more…oh wait.

Beige. lol. I like.

What’s funny is the 2006 picture seen in your link looks exactly like 2019 models. That thing has not changed. haha

2 Likes