I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

How you guys all get 20 mpg? At my last pump, i hand calculated 11mpg and i have very light foot. I was suprised by how far off i was from the advertised 17mpg. I drive local in nyc almost 90% of the time. All the stop signs and relights are killing me. But most my trips are 15 minutes or less. Maybe thats why,

2 Likes

The answer lies in the question - Master Oogway

1 Like

Yeah, i kinda figured. But still suprised by the low mpg. Temperature also seem to be a factor.

Throwing this out there again now that more people have gotten the one pay leases. Any inkling if Nissan pro-rates on losses?

Very topical. I just got this message from a dealer I am working with. I can’t imagine this is the case, and they are trying to convince me to do a traditional lease.

“Also! They were warning my GM to have a serious conversation with you regarding the risk involved in the One Pay. Apparently, there is no recourse included if something were to happen to the Frontier, say, next month. You would be out the entire One Pay amount you put down. Does that make sense? Whereas with a traditional lease your following payments are simply canceled. Are you positive you wouldn’t prefer going with a lease with more protections for you?”

I was concerned about the risk of doing a One Pay. I am trying to get a copy of the one pay lease to review to see what it says.

I can’t imagine this will hold up if it has to go to small claims. NMAC is made whole by insurance payout and gap insurance, and we have a contract with NMAC that says we are paying $xxxx for 18 months of car. The contract is clear that cap cost reductions are not returned on termination, but does not say the same about the one pay lease payment. So if we don’t get our full car term, it seems the contract is modified and NMAC wouldn’t get to keep the full payment.

Would be great if one of you lawyer leasehackrs out there could chime in, but I can’t imagine you lot are bothering with a Nissan frontier vs the TRXs and ram limiteds.

The dealer was also telling me I would be out all the money on a One Pay if the vehicle was totaled. I decided to call NMAC directly. I got transferred around a bunch of times and finally got someone that looked into it and she told me on a One Pay the advance payments would be prorated and refunded. I would think there would be verbiage in the One Pay lease contract pertaining to this. Someone with a One Pay lease could verify this.

1 Like

I would trust NMAC over any dealer.

1 Like

Here’s the Excess Wear and Use Guide. It doesn’t say anything specifically about truck beds.

If you purchase or lease another Nissan at the end of the lease NMAC waives the disposition fee and up to $500 of excess wear and use charges.

I am guessing it is the same Nissan rep that is directing both of these Florida dealers.

I drive in suburban and urban environments for my daily commute. I probably get about 13/14mpg and that’s not with aggressive driving.

Agree. It just amazes me how much misinformation dealers give out.

Not only misinformation, they lie and play against insecurities with fear tactics.

Literally had a dealer say “I’d hate for you to get screwed over with some random online person offering a deal that good. Seems too good to be true. Just be careful, I don’t think they can really get those numbers for you”

1 Like

1,135 replies later literally no one has posted the one-pay contract’s relevant clause and/or written to NMAC to get a response in writing?

1 Like

you probably have a ton of stop and go traffic?

Yes, unfortunately for my wallet.

I’ve posted my contract here before, there is no relevant clause. The contract I signed in early dec is written as if it was a normal lease, NMAC is behind the times.

The only solution to that type of driving is an EV (or a nice hybrid with some battery range).

A dealer Just told me that the residual was changed on the 28th? I know this month it was the third is it the third every month?