I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

To be honest with you having gone through early baby stage, I’d say try to hack Pathfinder with onepay and MSDs rather than pickup truck.

I’ve had QX60 since only 2 kids and two Britax Maraphone bulky car seats to 3 kids all forward facing by the time that lease ended. The amount of shit we carried in the trunk is not funny.

May be with one kid you can get away with a truck but I’d personally would not do that.

I like truck now but also had to get slim car seats like Diono. All mainstream car seat forward facing leave almost not room for kids feet. Tried that in Tacoma couple of years ago and wasn’t comfy at all.

My 2 cents

@drdvrgs how is that?:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just checked and I do have one, but it is not a good photo. It also has identifying information in it, and since we are all vultures here, someone will use it to figure out where the trucks on an @Clutch deal came from.:grin:

Ill grab a good one soon.

rear facing will be a tight fit - unless you’re front passenger is on the shorter side and can slide up and/or sit more upright.

i have two front facing seats and works out almost ideal for them, with room to spare

1 Like

Anyone able to assist with a calculator on my recent deal? Tried playing around with it but not coming up correct (to me).

MSRP: $47745
One Pay $6191.90
MSD: $3600 ($3150 was pre-contract revision via NMAC)
DAS: $9791.90

1 Like

Based on your contract (which appears to have been changed?) the below is close. It looks like they used base MF. The MSDs arent shown (but are accounted for in the MF). I used 7% tax.

The below results in depreciation and rent charges that are very very close to your contract.

For a FL dealer, you did well IMO. I havent seen too many in this state that were competitive with the usual signings here.

1 Like

Thanks - yes, no dealer around here was comparable to the couple of brokers I initially worked with, and this was too good to pass up as brokers couldnt get me into one for likely a month out.

Congrats, nice Frontier. Contract shows DAS of $11,156. What changed to get it to $9,791? Particularly since MSD’s increased to $3,600?

1 Like

Which FL region dealership you used.

I called four or five more dealerships in south Louisiana this morning, none of them are interested in trying it. It looks like these Pathfinders are also really good deals, as they are discounted much more than the frontiers. I would consider getting both if I could find someone.

What brokers did you try? Or anybody know any other brokers in the south? Auto companion is in Maryland. If anybody is up there. The shipping cost kind of kills the deal for me.

since the brokers I reached out to were unable to get me a Frontier prior to mid-to-end February, last Tues I printed out local inventory and sent email requests to each dealership that had the packages I wanted. this dealer initially agreed to $8900 DAS, and I broke it down specifying $5750 one-time pay and $3150 in MSDs, and tow it to my home (about 50miles out). their counter was $9301.04 due to tag fees and whatever else, but it was OK by me as their counter and moved to drafting the contract for me to docusign.

on the initial contract, they did not apply the $3150 MSDs accurately and I called them on it, which the salesman was clueless to what MSDs were so took it back to his mgr. I waited about an hour for a return call and it was from the finance mgr who said the offer I sent in was not presented to them accurately, but they would honor it for me however would be without the tow as ‘they will not lose any additional money on the deal.’ fine by me.

revised contract (above) came back and indicated what it did $11,156.51 DAS - I’m not sure what or how they did what they needed to, but I paid $9301.40, $3150 being MSDs.

grabbed the truck Thursday, and on Saturday morning the finance mgr phones me again saying NMAC requires $3600 in MSDs, as the MSD is calc prior to the MF adjustments and they would need payment and send a new contract for sign off. there was an additional $40~ added to the $450 MSD payment I made and the explanation was “it remedies all ends of the contract with NMAC.” few bucks I could have nit-picked on but I was out for a weeding and really the end numbers were fine by me

final figures:
DAS: $9791.90 (contract shows $11606.51)
One Pay $6191.90
MSD: $3600

my thinking, because of the bad deal scenario, the dealer coughed up the difference on the back end by pitching in the remainder so that it all checked out and would fly under NMAC - hence the additonal MSD needed to match their DAS on the contract.

for the calc to spit out more true…would I adjust the MF down(.0010) to match or is it dealer incentive ($1656), given my scenario?

1 Like

lorenzo - due to the mishap, very unlikely they bend over again lol

use clutch - numbers were great just timeframe for me

Anyone want a brand new set of Frontier floor mats? Can’t believe the dealer optioned for 2 types of floor mats when ordering :joy:

Free, just pay for shipping.

3 Likes

Dang I did need but got the generic $20 from Sam’s club this weekend.

1 Like

The carpeted stock ones are pure azz. I have them :cry: :weary:

3 Likes

i got both with mine too … one on top another when it was delivered.

funny story for me, I probably have all the OEM carpet mats from my vehicles over the past decade. i’ve always added weather mats and stuff the carpet mats in a storage bin #hoarder

one day they’ll make it on eBay

Thanks @Lvs23… yeah - it was a short lived thought on the truck :slight_smile: We may have to leave to go overseas in a few months so even the Pathfinder may not be ideal - looks like we will have to buy a used car for a few months.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Found a dealer interested in working it, he spent a couple hours on it but then told me that he couldn’t give me the same discount that was advertised online which was $2500 and could only give me $1000 discount. What the hell they must make a kickback from traditional financing.

This is what we call FOLP

Does anyone remember where an image was posted with instructions on how to do a one-pay + MSDs? Found a dealer willing to do the one- pay but they’re not sure about MSDs