I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

If they aren’t able to pull up the bulletin you might be in for a long one

2 Likes

Thank you! This was very helpful. Sent it over. I found a local dealer who was willing to play ball for 5% off and a one-pay, but didn’t know how to do MSDs. The MSDs bring it down another $1700 by placing a deposit for $2700. Great return

2 Likes

My fathers Frontier was same…he has carpeted and the winter ones.

Gawd yes…I mean this is their own instruction sheet.

1 Like

I have a dealer at ~$5000 one pay, but they’re saying the MSD’s is $4050 total which means they calculated the base pay or rounded up to $450 (per msd) - which definitely doesn’t work out as far as math.

No one has really clarified this in the thread but is the “base monthly” calculated as pretax? If I use the calculator and do .00286, I’m seeing a pretax monthly of ~$322. With tax $346. If I use the calculator and do a one pay at .00286 I’m seeing total cost of $6847. Divide by 18 =380. So worst case my MSD would be $400 * 9 = 3600.

edit: they definitely didn’t recalculate the correct MSD’s after doing the latest round of calculations where they gave me a better discount off MSRP. Now to decide if I take the leap of faith and just DO IT

1 Like

Maybe they’re calculating the MSDs using the monthly MF (.00363 or .00371 depending on trim) instead of the one pay MF.

If the only thing wrong with the deal is the MSDs, no risk in going forward. If the MSDs are wrong NMAC will kick it back and you’ll have to re-sign the contract with the correct MSDs.

2 Likes

This is correct and spot on.

dmdz - How did you find a dealer willing to do one pay? Did you call or use email to try and find one?

“We are commercially aligned. I will take delivery _____. Please double check the MSDs, I believe the math is _____, and socialize a review copy of the agreement with NMAC to avoid any issue down the line.”

Two birds, one stone.

1 Like

emailing a bunch in the area. The Frontier was the model they had the most stock of available. Like 5 Altimas but 20+ Frontiers and a general slowdown in my area is coming.

This still looks high to me. The MF is correct. Are the prepaids (DMV, Acq. Fee, etc) in your payment calculation? If so, take them out. Should be only base rent plus tax re: the ‘payment’ used in MSD amount.

:100:

I have no idea why anyone with infant car seats, strollers, etc would even consider a Frontier over a Pathfinder or similar.

I imagine you’d regret it or your spouse would make you regret it every single day.

I agree, even if it means paying a bit more. You could get away with accomplishing most of the kid related tasks in a full size pickup, but the Frontier just isn’t large enough IMO (particularly the rear seats).

1 Like

I have put some thought into this, and I think it may be time to retire the Crown Victoria and replace with one of these.

I drew up a quick calculator based on a $45,000 MSRP Pro-4X, with 5% off. 9 MSDs, 7% tax.

Can I borrow some eyes to see if I spelled this out correctly?

Anyone have any luck finding a dealer in Florida that will do a One Pay lease with Multiple Security Deposits? All the dealers I have contacted tell me they can’t do it. One dealer told me they can do a One Pay but not MSD’s. He told me he has been selling Nissans for 20 years and there is no such thing as MSD’s. I just sent him the Bulletin with the instructions that I found here. This is so frustrating

I believe @spockvr6 was in the process with one
And ended up going out of state
Florida fees :clown_face:

Your guy clearly doesn’t read bulletins. Stop wasting your time.

Agree. Florida fees are ridiculous. Problem with going out of state is the shipping costs. If its not too far I could pick it up

From what I remember taking a one-way flight on cheap-no-thrill airlines like Spirit or Frontier and driving back is still cheaper than signing most leases in Florida. It has been done before by others many times before everyone started throwing shipping idea around.

2 Likes

Apparently most employees at dealerships don’t read bulletins. When I mention One Pay and MSD’s they have no clue what I am talking about and tell me its not possible. The members of this forum know more than the employees at the dealerships that sell the cars