I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

I believe so…mine (with prob a lower MSRP at $45,575) is similar at $3490/18 or $193/mo. I will also extend to the max with as much begging/pleading/crying as I can muster.

1 Like

If you mean ride height…after seeing my SV and my fathers Pro 4X (with premium, i.e. the beadlock tires) side by side and them looking to be roughly the same height to the naked eye, I measured them. It looks like the distance from pavement to the highest point on the wheel well is about 0.75" higher in the rear and something a tiny bit more than that on the front for the Pro-4X vs the SV.

IMO, Nissan should have made the Pro 4X a bit more jacked up and the SV a tad lower. I wouldnt mind my SV being slammed a bit and having an old school sport truck look.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. This makes the extension another hack!

Almost as good as equity in the car. But unlike equity you already know what to expect. :+1:

I ran the same numbers and it turns out to be $238/mo which funny enough was my total net monthly on the one pay LOL

1 Like

The dealer gave you the extension price on the actual 18 month lease…chalk that up as a win!

1 Like

How are you guys who have signed, enjoying the frontier? I’m honestly back to strongly considering a pro4x because I’m sick of shopping for other vehicles. As much as it pains me to not have a 2nd vehicle with super good gas mileage - the utility of the truck would be great. Literally the only negative for me is gas mileage, but nearly everything else about the deal and truck is a positive.

@zaimer will tell you that the Frontier is god’s gift to mankind, idk why he likes it so much

Several of us have sang the Frontier’s praises previously in this thread. It’s a great truck. If you want gas mileage, look elsewhere. In typical city driving I average 17-18mpg and 20mpg if i really focus on driving gently.

1 Like

The drive is not bad. The engine is peppy but as you already know, gas mileage is not the best. In the loaded Pro 4X you get all the goodies. Driver and passenger seats are comfortable with the zero gravity seats.

However, the back seats are terrible. It’s like at a 90 degree angle so its not very comfortable for long trips. Any adults sitting in the back will probably start to complain after 25 minutes. My friend’s child seat couldn’t latch on in the back seat. He would need to buy another kind of child seat and said his kid will probably complain too since you can’t really incline.

That’s it. Show is cancelled and aint nobody getting a Frontier.

Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

1 Like

You folks better start showing some respect and hide that gas mileage under the rug.

Anything after King TRX is Prius-level efficiency.

:joy:

I feel the mileage isn’t abnormal either. It is a relatively potent, sizable, V6 motor - what do some people expect? What other midsize truck, that doesn’t have hamster wheel for a motor, achieve significantly better fuel economy?? Lets look at some competitors… Colorado, Tacoma, Ridgeline, Gladiator. They all fall within that same realm.

I’m personally not a fan of midsize trucks to begin with, but in my eyes the Frontier & the Taco are the top dogs (and have been). No question about it.

That’s true. It worked for us only because we have 3 Diono seats front-facing, and for now, it actually works for our 8,6,3 year olds. The only issue was the back strap latch for all there since I needed to get access behind the seats.

The last time I had a truck, it was Tacoma, and the seats were much bulkier - Britax Marathon ClickTights - and kids definitely didn’t have much leg room left.

Diono seats are much slimmer vs Britax, and thus kids have decent size rooms - meaning going from Leaf to Frontier they feel actually gaining legroom. Since by now, they forgot how much room they had in QX60 :rofl:

1 Like

Not that it matters much, but I think this may demonstrate the value of the upfronts not being capitalized. The interest is saved in so doing of course, but the line 5l value is reduced as well. In other words…for the folks who want to penny pinch and extend 6 months, theyll save a few bucks on those last 6 months.

That said…if a dealer was offering a giant discount and needed to show the acq fee etc as capitalized, that could work as well if the discount was high enough.

2 Likes

I find solace that my lease extension is cheaper than your lease extension. :joy:

1 Like

Fingers crossed that I’ve got a deal done, will know on Monday.

3 Likes

Signed and brought it home today. $261/month effective - details here.

3 Likes

What are the tips on finding a dealer to do this?

First and foremost, determination and the belief you’ll get the right deal done. The majority of the Nissan dealers I contacted were incompetent. The remaining 25% needed serious help getting the one pay figured out. Of the dealerships where I received a semi reasonable and holistic quote, I had two deals fall through due to dealers playing games prior to finding this dealer.

You’ll need to understand the program by reading posts here, get a quote or two that you can shop, and find a dealer willing to understand what you’re asking for then execute it.

5 Likes

Animated GIF

6 Likes

Seems like your lease extension should be under $200? :sunglasses: