I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

Pardon my ignorance on the subject, as I’ve never extended a lease:

When folks say that Nissan is willing to extend for 6 months, do they “extend” another 833 miles monthly? Or are you still stuck with the same 15k ultra-low agreed miles?

Edit - clarified question to reflect 18/15k miles.

Full quote provided by dealer. I can’t get the calculator to match unless I remove all the fees and add them to the sale price. Not sure what I’m doing wrong or what is causing the delta, something to do with the cap cost I presume?

Calculator

Modified Calculator (Fees added to sale price)

It appears they are putting the fees, etc. into the cap cost which is unneccesary with a one pay lease. You’d be paying interest on them and don’t need to since you are paying everything up front anyway.

Also, there is something screwy going on with their cap cost calculation. The numbers simply don’t add up. $45,510 should be the cap cost if they are giving you $1k off.

If they clean that up, and pull the fees from the cap cost, it will drive down the ‘monthly’, which will in turn drive down the MSD total.

As it stands, $11k+ DAS is a hard pass.

3 Likes

What’s a dealer service fee? That needs to be omitted.

Probably doc fee

As of last year extensions came with prorated additional mileage (each month = your annual allowance /12).

So would this be correct based on 18/10k:

18/10 = 15k miles for 18 months. If extend another 6 months would be 15k / 18 = 833 miles x 6 months = 5000 additional miles on a 6 month lease extension.

IIRC, it’s defined as month to month so they’ll say you have 833 per month.

1 Like

Anyone have any experience on NMAC transfers?

Unless they have changed, you remain liable for everything in the contract.

Over miles, excess wear and tear, etc etc. + the entire value of the vehicle if it’s totaled/stolen after they let their insurance lapse or if insurer declines to pay out because of something like, say, off-road use.

1 Like

Do you already hate the truck? :joy:

I’m also curious to hear first hand experience if anyone ever risked it, I love the truck but just out of interest.

Have made some progress with combining the one pay with the deposits.

Have two estimates:

1. SV with LED lights and a midnight package,$4,777
    discounted an extra 1% on accident probably, and has this kind of cool roll bar on the back, but I did not realize the SV is about 3 inches shorter and smaller tires.

2. prox4 $5881

The difference is about $60 a month or 1000 overall.

It does look like they are adding the fees to the cap cost, they said they couldn’t remove them and seem to understand why it didn’t make sense to charge interest on something I’m paying upfront, but maybe they didn’t. I also asked him to put the same amount of the fees cash down and it didn’t change anything either. Also the initial cap cost plus fees still don’t add up to the cap cost, it’s $194 more.

Thing is on the calculator it is ending up costing more than the dealers multiplied monthly payment. CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Security deposits are calculated incorrectly also.

2 Likes

I was thinking of transferring to my friend. His son’s favorite color is red so it would be perfect.

Then I was going to try and hack another one for cheaper with the color I want! :joy:

1 Like

Here is the msd calculations if their math is correct, round to nearest 50.

1. $265 → $300 x 9 = $2700 msd
  2. $326 → $350 x 9 = $3150 msd

This is my calculations for the Pro 4X but I don’t know what their dealer fee is:

Plug in the correct #s for the SV trim. But based on the dealers # for an SV trim at MSRP of $43,365 for one-pay of $4777.74 + msd looks like a good deal. Def. beats the Pro 4X offer.

The $1146 included disposition, dealer and taxes.

Actually, the MSD amount is calculated based on what the monthly would have been before the MF drop. In other words, .00286, not .00196.

1 Like

NMAC acquisition is $695 standard I believe.

Brief update on this. Finally got the dealer’s math to foot ($6.5K with $3.6K in MSDs) and they pulled the offer for additional $1K in discount from MSRP ($2K total) so I walked away. Need that additional $1K to reach $5.4K with $3.6K in MSDs, which would close the deal for me.

A good reminder as to why you never go into the dealership prior to finalizing the commercials. They’ve spent the last three days trying to get me up there.

1 Like

My lease contract says SignatureOne with NMAC - Single Payment - California. For those that have one-pay does your lease extension say something similar:

It states to divide line item 5.I by the # of months in your scheduled lease term. My line item 5.I is $3860.

Lease extension calculation is: $3860 / 18 = $214/month (for 6 months)

Is that correct?

Mine-----