I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

Really appreciate the input Spock and Bls. They don’t seem like they are going to come down much more on their end, but there is a similar truck on the lot, that is a different color, that they might be more flexible on.

And I’ll ask about the fees and taxes in the cap cost, and about line 22—is this supposed to be taxes? I’m in TX, which is 6.25%. I think this is part of where my hangup is in the LH calculator. I just can’t get my numbers to match theirs.

Are there tax credits from NMAC this month? If so your tax would be something like 1.25% of the selling price.

Otherwise you’re looking at ~$2,8xx in taxes which is a steep bill for 18 months.

I get a dealer here at FL willing to do deal, but the 1199 doc fee , 200 electric filling fee and ~200 PTA fee(whatever that is) is kind of making it meh on a 18 months lease…

Even with all those crappy fees, what is the bottom line for a single pay? And, will they also do a msds?

PTA - Pain in The Ass fee

2 Likes

yeah they do one pay and 9 msd. they seems to be pretty familiar with the process…

it sounds like you may be onto something, especially if you will not need to train them on how to write their own contracts :slight_smile:

Comes standard at no charge to all our customers!

Ok so I just got clarity from the finance guy. These numbers are accurate, because there is a tax credit. So the $6215 is OTTD. Unfortunately, this particular dealership doesn’t want to mess with MSDs, as in won’t even consider doing them, because one-pays are hard enough. I even offered to bring material in that would help them, and they said no.

So with Pro-4X’s getting scooped up like field mice around here, I have to make a decision if I want to go for this. I am also considering bumping down to an SV, and take the higher residual, but man these 4X’s look so damn cool. Anyway, thanks everyone for the help. I will for sure post in here if I end up signing anything.

1 Like

Do what your heart says $25 a month won’t break the bank

2 Likes

Yeah… I would also say…get what you want! I purposely took an SV, and my father got a Pro4 X. I liked how the SV was equipped and gave it a “sport” look. The Pro 4X is clearly more of a “macho” look which is also cool. since these trucks will “see” each other frequently, I figured it would be cool to have one that looks one-way and one that looks the other. Seeing them both side by side I cant say I strongly prefer one over the other TBH.

Still signable IMO…were talking effective $345/mo for a bad @$$ truck! C’mahnnnn!!!

So I read that NMAC leases are transferrable but the original lessee is still liable for the car and payments if the new lessee defaults?

How does that work with one-pay if you transfer the lease?

I’m so frustrated, I can’t get anyone to barely even call me back. The only way I made any progress was going up to the dealership. It wasn’t long ago that a typical salesman would be beating down your door to sell a vehicle, wouldn’t let you leave till you made the deal and called you all the time. Is a one pay really that much more difficult? There’s like 10 guys sitting around doing nothing. I called another dealership out of my area and he said he would call me back very soon, no call back.

I’ve been waiting 4 days to sign my lease as they try to figure out one-pay with “NMAC and IT.” The deal they agreed to put my one pay at $4746, so I’m just waiting for them to pull the rug on it.

Unfortunately, it’s a new year, new month. Dealers are not motivated to give discount and at buy rate for one-pay. You might have better luck towards end of the month and esp. end of the quarter. Or hit up a broker in your region and save the hassle.

Signed on two nissan frontier sv 4x4. One for me and the second I helped a friend out who got it for his 17 year old son.

41.5k MSRP
6450 total
2250 MSD

Saved 225 through credit card points

395 disposition fee waived on another frontier s that I am turning in 6 months from now.

All on a credit card at 3.5% cash back (PNC Points Credit Card) you need to bank with them as well to apply and be eligible for full rate.

Total cost is 220.70 a month.

8 Likes

I’m experiencing the same. Dealing with Nissan salespeople has been entirely different from BMW or similar - these people are morons.

Are you sure?

2 Likes

I’ve definitely faced some challenges in the Houston area finding dealers that are willing to structure a one pay lease.