I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

RE your second edit, calc gets closer when you switch make to Toyota, check off the one pay box, and add in the random “non tax fee”.

But yes still a “deal” to walk away from.

1 Like

I see you have been to FL???

I had quotes of over $15k on a single pay here.

Dammit - should’ve taken the deal I had worked up on a pro4x with one pay. Residual dropping from 98 to 95% residual kills it. I had a one pay (no MSD’s) in December agreed to ~$5000 ($1750 discount off msrp). Drug my feet because my heart really wants a chevy bolt as my 2nd car - guess I’ll stick with trying to locate a bolt. … unless I’m missing something.

If you still want to look, I wouldn’t give up just yet. I really feel like deals that are very similar to before the programs changed can still be achieved. A good number of those contracts that were written previously would have been unfunded due to the now often discussed issue of lacking a +$100 depreciation over the term. If a dealer now is still willing to do roughly the same discount as the previously non-compliant contracts, you could end up in the same position today…

Meaning (sorry for maybe not following). - NMAC would’ve rejected the lease and we would’ve had to rework terms? Man what a wild situation that would’ve been. Wouldn’t I have just said f off, you guys (dealer) messed up, eat the cost? Let me run the leasehackr calculator with the new rates. Its still a nutty deal regardless…

1 Like

Any way to tweak this deal other than adding MSDs or discounting sale price more? It doesn’t sound like they want to drop much more on their end since they are already $2100 down from MSRP. I don’t think the $6200 DAS includes taxes

What we all wouldnt have done for 1,000 of those trucks just a short while after the initial bonanza…the equity flips were insane!

Thank you for the further trip down memory lane, those were some happy hacking times😁

Also, let’s be real. 99% of Frontier lessees are not doing anything off-road that requires the hardware difference between an SV and a Pro4X.

1 Like

Depending on how much your taxes are, that deal maybe signable as is. Roll MSDs in there and you may be into the $4000s here in FL (aka lower taxes).

You just hurt my Wranglers feelings😢

1 Like

Pro4x bilsteins and appearance package alone are worth it. Truck looks awesome in pro4x trim ; bleh in SV trim.

2 Likes

Well said. Looking at some of the reviews on youtube, doesn’t it come with wired CarPlay?

Also, can you go on the highway with 4-High in the new Frontier?

TX, so terrible taxes

I just did this exact same thing brother…

Got them down to match @jude_lawl contract on a loaded out pro 4x and it went from just under $300 effective to $375 in a day. If there wasn’t a snow storm I’d have been driving it home yesterday but I took the risk and lost the deal.

Only way around it now might be MSD’s as well and that’s just to get back to where I was but this dealer is unwilling and they’re the most helpful/knowledgeable I’ve found in my area.

Feels bad. I need a small truck and this was the only really high RV around that I’m aware of…

1 Like

I can confirm Pro4x with premium fender speakers is wireless CarPlay, not sure about other trims.

Unfortunately I can also confirm no wireless android on the same system, unless I’m doing something wrong.

Man, I hadn’t even been referencing this thread during december when I was contemplating leasing the pro4x - just using a great upfront discount from a dealer 90 minutes away, and rv/mf from edmunds… Should’ve known better and just came here heh… for my own sanity, if I knew you could stack msd’s with the one pay for an even lower effective MF and thus lower total cost, I would’ve just moved forward with the frontier.

@blschaefer1 's deal is almost mind blowing. These contracts are always confusing me (sorry I’m an amateur hacker) - what was your one pay amount (not including the amount you paid for MSD’s)?

Also, the actual bulletin from NMAC was very helpful @Chadclement1 - so max msd’s of 9. The $ per msd is equivalent to the normal base monthly payment (and then rounded up to the nearest $50 increment). So if base monthly is like $415 then it would be 450 * 9 = $4050 up front in MSD’s? Hmmm. Is that worth it? I’m paying that much up front to lower the MF but also tell nissan I promise to keep the truck mint? Don’t really understand the concept or risk of MSD’s.

Thanks for any help guys

1 Like

Outside of the “insurance/deposit” aspect of MSD’s, NMAC has your money. Think about it - they’re using it for the trade off of discounting the MF. Especially with today’s rates, MSD’s are not always the go-to because you could very well make more money by investing that additional sum elsewhere (while still paying the higher mf on the lease). I’m not saying that is the case here, but definitely something to consider when making the decision on MSD’s.

Really??? You have no state income tax and in CT we also have property tax on car on top of that. That may be more than what you would pay on the car… so suck it up😂

4 Likes

My pro4x with tech and pro convenience comes with wireless cadplay, but no wireless android auto