I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

From what I am gathering same MF

Pro 4x is 98
Sv is 96

So choose your battles

My dealership just confirmed that the pro 4x is 98%, but they are still trying to tell me that they’ll only except five MSD’s. But the person I’ve been working with is out for the day so we will see tomorrow.

Just called Nmac, and they confirmed that you can do 9 on a one pay lease

Best deal I’ve received so far:

MSRP $47,410
Sale price after discounts $45,301
18/mo, 10k miles One Pay
Residual 95%
MF .00286
Rebates none
Total for title, doc, license and bank fees $1,064.50
Due at Signing… $6,215.58

Haven’t even got to the MSDs yet. I can’t get anyone here (in North Texas) to confirm 98% residual for Pro-4x is a thing. Anyone else in the area?

You’re in TX so paying tax on full purchase price?

In that case 6k is a good deal. Add on MSDs and that’ll knock it down to high 4s. Id sign that.

1 Like

See as I’m sitting here, I don’t know if this number includes tax. I will double check. But for some reason it bugs me that they won’t just do the 98% like everyone else.

Pretty sure dealer can’t play with residual, that’s up to NMAC. Go to edmunds and confirm RV for your zip.

2 Likes

NMAC numbers are national fyi

That’s what I thought but didn’t wanna give bad info, thanks for confirming.

NMAC publishes residuals for 15k miles/year. For 10k miles/year add 3% to the published number.

2 Likes

Back of the napkin, I don’t think that includes your taxes, but your residual is also wrong unless it’s not a pro-4x

somewhere in one of these threads someone commented that in NY MSD’s are capped at $750. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Read the first picture, says it right there, $749 max.

Ahh thanks! Missed that post. Got to love NY.

They are actually giving you a 15k per year lease most likely.

I think residual is 95% on 18/10 now for pro4x.

My dealer just told me the same thing. Bummer.

1 Like

honestly, that residual should still work just fine. I’ll bet people will be able to sign very similar deals.

yeah, I was afraid it had changed. FWIW they did say the SV is at 98% residual

Similar but likely requires a higher discount off MSRP (~$1,400 based on MSRP of $46.5K at 3% delta), no? Posting my latest quote for benefit of the thread, obviously requires a discount off MSRP to get this in the correct range.

Edit:

Best and final from dealer is $1K off MSRP. Payment is $8.4K pre-MSD (likely $6.8K after MSD). I am walking away and will try my luck elsewhere.

Second Edit:

Calc without MSD for reference (it’s off by $267, not sure why): CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Calc with MSD (assumes 9 MSDs reduced MF from 0.00286 to 0.00196): CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

resident broker @AutoCompanion has confirmed RV changes

RV 18mo/10k
Frontier S Crew Cab SWB $ 35,000 98% -1%
Frontier SV Crew Cab SWB $ 42,000 96% -2%
Frontier PRO-4X 4X4 AT $ 45,000 95% -3%
1 Like