I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

You can’t capitalize fees on a NMAC one-pay. There are four options if the dealer is discounting the selling price below RV:

1. Lower the RV by upping the annual mileage
  2. Increase the selling price to RV+$100
  3. Dealer doesn’t collect the full amount shown as DAS on the contract
  4. Dealer cuts a check to refund part of the DAS amount

We have reports of dealers who have done options 3 and 4, but we also have reports of dealers who have refused due to concerns around having a side transaction that’s not reflected on the lease contract.

1 Like

MF is .00201 with 9 MSDs

1 Like

Just coming back after a long hiatus. Simply can’t read all 1200 msg. Would anyone who’s been following this thread give me a quick summary response? Is this hack still good and available in socal? TiA

Just scroll up enough to see if any deals have been signed post 4/3/23.

Something I noticed on my one-pay… while the overage mileage fee is .25 per mile, you can purchase more miles at any time for .10 per mile (as long as you’re 30+ days out from lease end.)

If you’re thinking about doing a 12k lease, it might make more sense to do 10k and purchase miles depending on residuals.

3 Likes
1 Like

Just an FYI from NMAC if you do a one-pay there is no lease transfers on one-pay. So therefore there is no exit option other than grounding it. Trading in and selling would most likely be negative equity.

If you are doing month to month lease, the original leasee still holds liability for the lease transfer.

Just checking for updates here. I was super bummed this last monday cuz I was working a deal for a Pro-4x that was going to be $791 down up front then $277 monthly, theeeeeeen RV went down and MF went waaaaay up. That same deal is now closer to $365 a month. BUT I see that this post started in January and the RV went up from January (94%) to March (95%), then back down in April (93%). Does this mean that if I wait until next month that NMAC could lower MF and raise RV again? I’m really new to lease hacking, I’ve only ever seen the change from March 2023, to april 2023. Is it regular for the lease deals to get worse every month, then get better at the new year?

I need to get into a new vehicle by the end of summer, but I’m in no rush. Some guidance on how to deicide whether or not to wait would be great! Thank you!

Let me more clear on what I’m looking at…

Got a deal I’m working in northwest indiana:

2023 Frontier Pro-4x 4x4 Crew Cab
RV: 93%
MF: 0.00286 (After 9 MSDs, .00376 before the MSDs)
Tax Rate: 6%
MSRP: $45,493
Selling Price: $43,000
5.48% off msrp

TOTAL DUE: $6,518+$3,600 (MSDs, refundable) = $10,118

TOTAL EFFECTIVE MONTHLY COST : $362

I’m hoping that I can get the dealership to agree to a lower amount per MSD so that I can go from 3600 to around 3150 or even 2700. But over all, is this a good enough deal to take? Or do I risk waiting until next month, or the month after, or the montyh after that? Idk how these deals usually trend throughout the calendar year. Please help!

The dealer has no control over the amount per msd.

Thats good to know! Thanks, any thoughts on what I asked in the post? Should I continue to wait and hope for better, or are things likely to only get worse from now on for nissan deals?

RV and MF could go up or could go down. No one knows. Could get better, could get worse.

No one knows what the rv/mf will be month to month. Best deal is what you can negotiate down to and the payments you are comfortable with for that month. Don’t have buyer’s regret if you do your homework and know that you haggled.

If you can’t get a good deal yourself, then contact a broker like @Clutch. He has fire sales on the Nissans.

1 Like

Is this available to one pay leases only? I’m doing monthly payments and when I asked to purchase miles they didn’t have that option other than paying it at the end for .25 cents a mile.

Appreciate the advice all! I think I got a pretty good deal with this frontier when it comes to discount off of MSRP. Last month it would have been below residual even. But the MF being at .00376 this month is killing me. I just found a Murano that I believe I can get to 5% off of MSRP, and that would get me $191 effective monthly if I do a one pay. But i really would like a small truck. Hard to pass up such a cheap vehicle with AWD tho. Especially when the Frontier one pay is 10k and effective total at 350+, even for a good deal!

1 Like

@Ai86 The one pay gives you a much better money facotr, and ultimately a better total cost for your lease. But you also need to put down multiple security deposits in this case to get a better money factor. So the deal I have would be about $440 monthly if I don’t put any money down

Nissan has some crazy rv. Run all the #s including Frontier, Murano, Titan, Altima, etc to see what is the best deal you want to pay. Dealers are more willing to play ball with higher discounts towards end of the month. Since you have time you can wait. I’ve seen some crazy deals for Nissan and Infiniti on this board. Keep your eye out and open mind, not just focusing on Frontier.

Some brokers here can get you a Titan for Frontier money. Once you understand the math, you can apply it to all car deals.

Yea I’m very flexible to make and model. I’ve been searching for titans and frontiers really hard core for about a week now and was devastated when the new MF came out for the frontier this week lol. I’m thinking i’m going to go pull the trigger on this murano, or just roll the dice and hope MF and RV are better next month on the frontier.

My brother drives infinti’s though and I’m trying to help him get a good deal on one (hopefully a q50).

When I log into my NMAC account, under helpful links, it shows “Purchase Additional Miles.”

2 Likes

If that’s the nissanfinance webpage you referring to, the help link oddly enough is not working from my cell phone log in. I’ll try from desktop and hopefully I can see it.