I feel like I'm getting ripped off on this Volvo XC40 Recharge

I’m curious if my deal is a terrible deal or not after looking at some of the recent posts on here. I’m not sure if @AutoCompanion can help but any feedback would be much appreciated. If the deal seems ill-advised, do you suggest I reach out to the dealership showing the various other deals made on here and counter with those? I’m fairly new to negotiating leases but I do understand how to walk away from a bad deal.

2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric Twin eAWD Ultimate
MSRP: 61,640
Selling price: 49,080
36/10000
Residual : Unsure
MF: Unsure

Monthly pmt w/tax: $741.74 w/ $3,000 DAS capitalized

Here’s the contingent contract so far. I paid $1,000 of a deposit yesterday just to hold the car since they said the vehicle was selling quickly and they told me I have until Tuesday, Oct 31st to confirm/deny the deal.

Here are various posts showing better deals.

Whats your target deal based on the discounts youve researched and the lease programs as they apply to you?

Do not move forward with a deal until you can answer that question.

2 Likes

You have to know it’s a bad deal to walk away from one, and you shouldn’t need us to tell you when you have already paid a deposit (refundable or not) how awful this is. You should hire a broker.

That’s the thing. I’m not entirely sure since I’ve seen various pricing. I know there is a $7,500 EV Lease incentive going on that supposedly ends on the 31st, but if I can get this car for less than $600/month and less than $3,000 due at signing, I’d be ecstatic.

These will have costco in 3 days

1 Like

Then you need to get sure before you move forward.

I wouldnt expect the $7500 ev credit to actually go anywhere.

@supamario44 this is your cue to sign up for a Costco membership tomorrow (if you don’t already have one), tell the dealer to refund your deposit and WAIT till new offers post here. Costco offers are useless if you don’t already have a membership before they are announced.

2 Likes

when harry met sally ill have what shes having GIF

I’m not sure because I’ve seen various pricing so I don’t know what the fair price is. But I would love $600/mo / $3,000 DAS. Should I counter with that and walk away if they don’t agree?

No, you should not do anything until you establish a target price based on well researched dealer discounts and the programs as they apply to you.

Forget about anything with this dealer until then.

And if youre a costco member, you really shouldnt do anything until next month.

1 Like

What if the fair price is $450/mo with $450 DAS? Would you still love your $600/mo w/$3k DAS?

2 Likes

Hi there, how do I find out what cars will have Costco discount? My zip is 10025

Do not mention leasehackr to any dealer. Good luck!

4 Likes

You may want to consider the C40 vs the XC40. Very similar car. At some point this month one of the brokers in the northeast had a $60k twin plus C40 for under $400/m with the same $3k down.

The C40/XC40 is like a big go kart. At a LH worthy deal I’d challenge anyone to find an as-much-fun of a car for the payment.

Goodluck.

On a side note – does anyone know when the 2024 C40’s will hit lots? Little more range.

Why? What on earth makes this appealing at ~$700 effective compared to all the EVs in the Marketplace ?

1 Like

Motorcars Acura is not helpful what so ever. I lived in the Cleveland Suburbs for close to 2 decades, and I would say Motorcars is the least likely to be helpful.

When I was looking at an XC90, I worked with Byers Volvo in Columbus. About 2 hours south from the Motorcars dealership, and they play ball!

Do you need to have Costco for 30 days before eligible? In the market

by waiting until nov 1

Just wait until next month - either the 2023s or the now releases 2024s will be cheap(ish)