I drive 20k miles per year and want sporty/luxury?

Why did you open this thread stating you want “sporty”? If we’re going down this new road, get a Grand Cherokee.

If you want to calculate it as $681.39 x 36, that’s fine by me, too. Does it make your MKZ deal anymore appealing? No.

You asked for am opinion, and you got it. Nobody has chimed in amd told you it is a good deal. But if you have your heart set on it, it should not matter what anybody else thinks.

Even though I like the car, I posted on here because I want to know that I am making a well calculated decision based on the circumstances and what I like.

I opened the thread saying “sporty/luxury”. I agree that the MKZ leans more to the luxury side than to the “take my car to track day” side, but a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 with direct injection and variable valve timing that does 0-60 in around 5 seconds isn’t to shabby either.

I appreciate all input including yours. Thats why I started the thread. To get other opinions that may or may not fall exactly in line with all of my own.

If $681 per month is widely considered ALOT for this car with 18k miles per year, I would love to hear some other suggestions of other luxury sport sedans that I can lease for 36 months with 18-20k miles per year while staying somewhere between $550 and $650 per month.

I’d be very surprised if the FWD version could do that. Putting down the power while pulling 2 tons is not an easy task.

Anyway, I stick by my previous suggestions of the Stinger and Legacy as 2 cheaper options that I believe compare favorably to the Lincoln.

I’d also suggest seeing how a Q50 leases out with the miles you need.

Just as one example is this offer. After adjusting the residual down 5% (which I believe would be accurate to get to 18k) AND taking away VPP AND clicking zero drive offs, it still only gets to $635. And you don’t even need an RS, so a 3.0T is probably even less.

This deal in your area would have come out to a measly $400/mo. You’ll have to check with him what Sept looks like though.

And here is a Stinger Premium AWD and Legacy Limited 3.6R.

I daily drive a q50 3.0t 45k msrp for 294 with TTL due at signing. 39/15k. I put 16k miles on in the last 9 months, Even if I drive 20k miles a year thats still under 400/month at the end. The warranty i think is until 60k miles. Gas is expensive, but its fun to drive at least. Deals like that can still be had if you find vpp. Couple more bucks if you don’t. I’m convinced it’s a great way to drive a new quick car with a couple luxuries, cheaply.

2 Likes

Paying almost 700 a month for a glorified ford fusion seems like a poor value. The Q50 at 300-400 a month is a much better bet and then eat whatever the mileage penalty is at the end. Should not be that much.

If you want to save a little bit of money buying an Accord 2.0 touring is a slightly different approach. Little less luxurious than Q50 but much better tech and significantly better gas mileage while also only requiring 87 octane (makes a difference when you are driving 18k-20k per year). Accord also has a much better back seat. It should also hold value very well so you can sell after 2-3 years at 60+ percent of MSRP.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome deal. I will look into this today. I was able to get VPP for my wifes infinity a few months ago so hopefully they will give it to me again. I’ll look on the forum but if someone can post a link showing all the numbers I can put into the calculator for a Red Sport that would be amazing. This way I can email the same sales guy and see what I get back.

We did really well on my wifes QX60 for $330 per month all in with VPP and paying MSD’s.

BMW will give you a credit if you go 10% below the miles, they have a scale i think it’s between $200-$400 credit depending on how many unused miles you have.

Lots of people spending time giving solid advice here, but methinks this fella is all over the place.

Not after 3 years with 60k miles

You’re under no obligation to keep reading this thread and the Op is under no obligation to take subjective advice

Hey bud. You iron your cape today?

If OP considers a Stinger (doesn’t seem like he’s interested), I recommend the GT1. Premiums are nice, but I gave up the Premiun for the base GT because the only differences to me were memory seats, 8 inch infotainment with Navi (the base radio comes with Android auto, I use Waze), and 14 speaker Harmon kardon system. The base GT comes with 9 speaker system which sounds great so I didn’t feel as if I was losing out. The price for a premium and the base AWD GT was exactly the same after negotiating.

The GT1 msrps for around 46/47k and with the added safety options I think it’s worth it. I also believe Kia is still offering major lease cash for the GTs and after negotiating a little should be able to get monthly payments into the low 500s. The GT also takes 87 octane as per the manufacturer, so cheaper on gas too.

Get the RWD, AWD GT1s for some reason are only specced with 18 inch wheels, where the GT and GT2 come with 19s I’m AWD. All RWD should come with 19 inch wheels in GT trims.

Hope this makes sense. Best of luck OP. I think there are far better cars out there for the money than the MKZ… Like a fully loaded Fusion Sport or Titanium. Just look at those and pay less money, they’re almost the same car.

Thanks for the tip. I will go check out the Stinger in person to see if it changes my perspective as you are correct that I am not sold on that car yet and much less the Infiniti Q50.

What I like the most about the MKZ is the design. It was evident to me the amount of thought that went into both the exterior when they changed it for 2017 and the “black label” trim interior as I stated in one of my earlier posts, I am big on the looks of the vehicle.

For example, they just launched a new SUV/Crossover this year called the Nautilus and I think just the exterior design of that vehicle alone is going to give the Audi Q6 and the Volvo XC 90 a run for their money.

This is probably going to be called marketing hype, but screw it. I am going to post it anyway. Check out this video where 2 of the interior designers talk about one of the many black label themes available. It shows how much thought goes into every inch of the design on the inside.

Believe it or not I am still searching for the luxury/sporty sedan that is going to work best for me as far as design, power and cost. If money was not an issue I would be looking at Panamera, M3, M5, AMG C63, and AMG C43.

As a more reasonable option the newly designed 2019 Lexus ES 350 is really dope but the leasing programs right now are lousy. I would have to wait to get discounts on that car.

Residuals are such a crap shoot, tough to know what a car will be worth in 36 months. But if you look at the NADA guide, 2015 v6 touring accords with 60k are at about 55% of MSRP for clean trade in value. That is with a big redesign in 2018. May well be between 50-60% in three years for a 2018 Touring 2.0. Bigger issue is the clean part. Plan doesn’t work if you get in an accident and end up with dirty Carfax although perhaps a diminished value claim would bridge some of the gap.

2 old overweight ladies who belong to the book club are exactly who I want to design my sports vehicle

2 Likes

Since then demand for new Accords has dropped a lot. Whether it’s the redesign or the lack of a V6, IDK. But I’m not sure the current gen will hold its value as well as the previous gen.