I am about to return my lease (BMW) - some questions

Hi All,

This is the first time returning a lease

It expires in 2 months and I am probably going to go over the mileage by 500 or so

Anything I should do ahead of returning the car so I dont get dinged?

I recall my lease had a $750 restocking fee or something to that effect when I return it unless I buy the car or get another BMW lease

Thanks

Dave

$750 restocking fee?? Sounds like BS. You can schedule your lease end inspection before it’s due and see what they may charge and then fix it before turn in.

I suspect you’re mistaking this for the $350 disposition fee

5 Likes

If you don’t want to get dinged return the car per your signed agreement. If the car is damaged, tires are bald etc prepare to pay especially if you don’t plan to lease another BMW. You will need to schedule a lease inspection within the last 30 days or so and that inspection should indicate exactly what they will ding you for if it’s not under normal wear and tear.

If you plan to lease another BMW then you may be able to get the dealer to absorb that into your next lease.

If the tire tread is less than 4/32" then you need to replace the tires.

Best bet is to look around your local CL or FB marketplace and see if someone is selling take-off’s from a similar BMW. Has to be the same brand, size, and spec as OEM. eBay also works too. I’ve always just put $200 used tires on my lease returns if they needed it and been just fine.

1 Like

thanks guys

I went to get my lease inspection and you guys are right

They want me to change tires. They are run flats so will look for used ones. What a pain :frowning:

Craigslist is your friend.

If you haven’t bought tires before be very mindful of the size, weight and speed rating. Finally, make sure they’re run flats!

Highly recommend bestusedtires.com. Got a set of OEM BMW RFTs for our X1 with a ton of tread for $350. Paid $100 to have them mounted locally here in Seattle.

3 Likes

Agree that is a great site for used tires.

utires.com is another good place to check if you need tires. Don’t waste $ on new ones

Doesn’t need to be same brand

thanks

I also lost one of my keys. They charge a lot for that

Have you guys dealt with that before?

I called BMW Financial and told them I lost a key. $600 from the dealer for a new one which I didn’t want to pay, surprisingly the lady said don’t worry, keys get misplaced all the time and I’ll put a note in the account to waive the fee for the key…which I think was only a few hundred anyways. Give them a call.

1 Like

thanks Blink. good tip

https://www.bestusedtires.com/shop?vehicleSelection=2017>BMW>X3>sDrive28i&sizeAll=245%2F50R18

Here is a link to the tires

Is this right? I just get 3 of them as one had a flat and is fairly new

yes. you are right. disposition fee

$200 each tire? Or $200 for all 4?

I havent lost a key fob but the cost is usually $250-$500 depending on the car.

Funny how so many people get out of paying for non return keys when it says in contract keys must be returned or a charge of X amount will be applied to end of lease return.

I recently bought 2 from bestused and 2 from utires for our X3 that will be turned in this summer. Neither had a complete set. My local independent shop mounted and balanced them. The tires ranged from 8/32 to 9/32. Highly recommend going that route👍

The tires can be any brand they just need to be the correct size. Maybe Miami market is good for something finally. $450 for a set of used tires mounted is nuts. I get a set for $100 max down in Hialeah.

All 4 for $200. Found a local guy who got a CPO 335i and immediately got different tires, and was unloading his oem run flats that were the exact same one on my wagon.

Dealer charged $100 to mount and balance all 4 at the lease turn in. Literally had the tires in the trunk and turned it in that way. :joy: worked out great.