I am about to return my lease (BMW) - some questions

Man wish I knew this a month ago. I had no luck finding a used set on Craigslist and ended up spending nearly $500 to replace the 2 worn Michelins on my wife’s RDX return. I see here they’re $58 :sob:

My only comment is that I was told all 4 tires need to match the OE size, speed rating and run flats if that was OE spec. They didn’t need to be the same brand as OE…

eBay was where I’ve had luck finding used RF’s

Did anyone of you ever bought the wear and tear maintenance package when leasing? I leased X3 today and finance manager convinced me to buy this package for $1500. I was in no mood to add it to my monthly but had to do it. After reading all the posts here, I think I should cancel it. Finance guy told me that in most of the lease returns, ppl end up paying somewhere around 2-3 grand. Is that true in case of bmw’s?

there’s lot of info here, just search bmw wear and tear. Personally, I would not get it.

How do you normally treat your vehicle?

I have a 9-year-old car that I bought new that doesn’t have $1,500 in excess wear, never mind $2-3,000.

It needs:

• One leather upholstery panel replaced on the driver’s seat (dealer recommended a third party do the repair for ~$350 vs. paying for a new OEM seat cover for $$$$)
  • Curb rash repair on all four wheels ($100/wheel?)
  • One quarter-sized dent that can be fixed with PDR ($100?)

Let’s be clear, you didn’t have to do it. You agreed to.

And while this part of the contract may be cancelable, the rest of this contract and all future contracts won’t be. That’s a lot of money down the drain over your lifetime.

One of the keys to lease hacking is being firm when you’re saying no.

2 Likes