Hyundai Palisade expected to increase in cost due to Coronavirus

Hey Hackrs, for those of you interested in getting into a Palisade, be aware that most of Hyundai’s factories have been shut down due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

Essentially the only inventory that will be available for the next few months are going to be the current inventory that is on the ground now, and any Palisades that are already built and on a boat. The basic economics of supply and demand are going to be coming into play soon. You have a few options:

1. Find another SUV that fits your needs.

2. Hold off a few months. Wait it out until inventory starts coming in again. If you have a lease currently, see if you can extend it a few months. If you don’t have a car, refer to option 2.

3. Bite the bullet, lease the Palisade you want and accept that you are going to be paying more because of the lack of supply. You can use a broker like us to lower that increase, but you will still be paying more now than if you waited 3-5 months (or longer depending on how long it takes to contain the virus)

Bottom line, expect an increase in price on Hyundai Palisades starting now and next month.

1 Like

I wish Hyundai would do lease transfers. I bet I could make out like a bandit with mine

4 Likes

Sell it to vroom/carvana

1 Like

Well when everyone is dead I bet you can get a great deal on one

10 Likes
  1. Rent one from Avis for a week to get it out of your system, and then lease something else.

Not a bad car, but Jesus, people. Grab the reins.

10 Likes

If I announce that I heard Pallisades and Tellurides were being had for 325/mo due to the Coronavirus, what’s the over/under people would believe it, thus flooding you with unrealistic expectation requests?

3 Likes

Which is fine because car buying is going to go down due to coronavirus as well. I think supply will meet demand in short order. In the meantime, it’s just a Palisade, there are other cars out there.

4 Likes

Lol are you sick of it already,or you need the money? What would you get instead?
Me personally,just extended my 17 Highlander lease, am thinking of going back to an enclave. I really don’t want another Highlander ( wasn’t impressed with this one,it is super noisy in cabin!

No, I’m very happy with it, but if someone wanted to throw large sums of money at me for it, I wouldn’t stop them. 6 months in and I’m still very happy with the choice to get it.

1 Like

I saw decent deal today on SEL with convience pkg. 485. Including tax, nothing out of pocket. I just made a payment yesterday on my lease extension,so didn’t want to jump on it just yet. Just my thoughts.

BUT I NEED MY THREE ROW SUV WITH APPLE CARPLAY AND PANO MOONROOF NOW!!!

Body incomplete.

3 Likes

What’s the third row for?

I like your username. very to the point.

Thanks! Coincidentally, I just was looking at your new deals post. Really great deals up there.

Out of curiosity, any reason why XC40s are on the cheaper side these days? I had one before the S60 (pull-ahead) and I like the ride a ton better in the S60. Is it because the hype on the car is gone?

I have no idea. it used to be cheaper to put someone into an xc60 than an xc40 and then last month the xc40s just exploded. it has gotten to a point where i even have units that are cheaper NEW than some of my full loaners. I don’t understand why, but could be an oversupply.

3 Likes

Thinking about it, maybe the initial flood of CBV ending. I couldn’t think that many people are paying $700 a month for that car. It was decent at $600 with the insurance.

Toilet paper price is also increasing due to virus. Doesn’t mean it’s a good deal :slight_smile:

@Bostoncarconcierge has some great Charmin incentives on new Volvo’s lol

2 Likes

Throw in some free Purell and Clorox wipes and I am in!!!

1 Like

I am thinking the next few weeks will be a good time to pick one up. It is the end of the month, the end of the quarter, and possibly the end of the world.

2 Likes