How'd I do on my etron gt lease?

Just curious what would you expect to spend on a 122k car over 3 years?

Iā€™m not following, how was it for free? Your payments were surely more than 6k for the 2 years? I just threw out the 10k as a number given someone else saying " you will never find an audi dealer to give you 16k cash." The point is there is a liquid number that another dealer will give you cash. Yes you may get more if itā€™s used on another car.

1 Like

No I paid right around 17k in payments on that. So they gave it back to me and is now locked in this.

I would need it to be a bonafide home run hitter ā€“ enough of the ā€œi donā€™t usually do thisā€ comments lol

Do you guys think I should just get a loan to buy it out at a better rate then they were offering and surely better then the 7% on the lease? That should save me more then 10k over the 3 yearsā€¦

You will see this on this forum. Many would rather drive a cheaper car and save the money or wait and wait.

Iā€™m in the life is short camp. Iā€™d rather just drive something I enjoy. If it cost a few bucks more to have it now then so be it.

If you could have gotten an equity check back with higher payment that would have been the move. If you couldnā€™t so be be it. Iā€™d personally not want to spend a few days or my weekend traveling and hammering out deals over this.

Did the money factor get raised? Did you leave extra stuff like Audi care and tint or whatever going to get anyways on the table? Those are the low hanging fruit I would have gone after.

They raised it from.0028 to.003 only thing I can seeā€¦yes they added tint and clear bra and what not which I donā€™t mind since in AZ. Did not buy audi care. Thinking to just find a lower rate loan and pay it off now since the rent charge is $500 month.

Thatā€™s a tough one.

Not sure how your state sales tax works out for that. You will have to consider this as the sales tax may eat up on the savings.

Leasing protects against diminished value from small fender benders. You have to weight out that value also.

True that. Iā€™ll wait until next week when the payoff number is live and make some calls and compare it.

If youā€™re considering buying it, Iā€™d reach out to the dealer and see if they can convert the deal to a finance so you can claim the $7500 tax credit. If you buy out the lease, you canā€™t get it.

5 Likes

Excellent point

Is that even possible?

1 Like

Depends on if theyā€™ve actually submitted the paperwork yet or not

Iā€™ll call today. Prob not since done on a Saturday

Dude please post pics !
Edit: Sorry I missed the last post by @mllcb42 regarding converting to finance. Definitely try that!
Pics please !

I made a post yesterday about the business case for financing for these expensive EVs. For me, the jurys still out but Audiā€™s insane MF makes it such that it might be worthwhile. Only concern is how true the RV be in a few years down the road

Here is a quick napkin calculation for OP for finance.
Assuming he can finance @ 3% or lower, and his final trade-in value would 5k lower than Audiā€™s predicted RV, he would still be saving 10k over 3 years. Iā€™d say do it!

Edit: Sorry I made a typo in the math, fixed it. Still a decent savings in my opinion. Also, I believe Penfed is doing <2% loans for new cars.

3 Likes

This looks the way to go.

Marking this as the solution. Big bless

3 Likes

Does Audi not pass the $7500 through as a lease rebate? Itā€™s strange that Porsche does but not Audi.