How'd I do on my etron gt lease?

you could not lease this car for 0 down 1400 month. Were talking the GT here not the suv. They are in fact leasing around 2k or higher with 0 down. MF is high on it. bless thing is obnoxious.

Factoring in the large downpayment, this becomes a 2k a month deal. Since you had so much equity and the mf is marked up, you could have at least done MSDs to reduce the interest charge and added audi care to increase the residual.

Agreed you canā€™t get this car for less than 2k with 0 DAS, but you could have done MSDs

2 Likes

they said no on the MSD I asked. agreed I shouldā€™ve done Audi care. can I still add it on or is too late?

If youā€™ve already signed the contract, itā€™s too late, at least for getting the rv bump.

1 Like

You guys are missing a major point here, there will be no Audi dealer today that will let you walk away with a 16k check. The only way to get somehow close to that money is if you are getting a new car from them. Period. He did not have that real equity in his hand anyway so why not do what he did, and drive a 122k car for 1.4 a month? I see no issue here. Just enjoy it

So take 10k in your hand or some number less and donā€™t be forced to get a car.

Itā€™s not 1.4k/month any way you slice it. This is really no diff than if they put down 10k cash if you want to argue the liquid value of that trade in equity is highly contingent of buying a new car. There is some amount less he/she could have gotten in cash in hand.

I think I replied to wrong post on accident

Do you think he was forced to get an Etron gt??
99.9 percent he wanted an etron gt and this is the only way to get it at 1.4k a month.
I know is not cheap but this is todayā€™s market not 2 years ago market.

1 Like

100% not true

2 Likes

Well you are saying 100% not true, I am talking about real experience here, I have a close friend with a entron suv, and we are in the LA area with access to quite a few Audi dealerships ( DT LA, BH, Van Nuys, Calabasas, Pasadena T. Oaks, w. Covina, Ontario and some others in Orange County), no one offered him for his 2019 etron no more than 8k to just walk with a check, and his car is immaculate

I am talking about real experience too, being that I had an etron and sold it.

2 Likes

Good for you, this is what is happening in S. Cal today with access to a lot of dealerships. There always be an exception like everything else

Socal isnā€™t necessarily representative of the rest of the country though. This is like saying the best deal you can get is XYZ if you only look at your local dealer. Well sure, but you donā€™t have to only look/shop there.

Itā€™s about finding a good deal which usually means looking in areas with less demand.

1 Like

Yes itā€™s like I put 10k down but I also got to drive the suv for free for 2 years. There is value in that.

To truly analyze the deal please put up a calculator link. We can then know if it was at, below or above MSRP and what the MF was.

2 Likes

If by $10k, you mean $16k

Yes 16k was just quoting what he said

OK my thoughts.

1. His equity is not ā€œgoneā€ itā€™s just locked into the GT now. I am sure most of that equity will be recoverable via lease buyout and resale given the GT is such a hard to get vehicle and generally is holding value. That means the vehicle cannot just be returned at the end of the leaseā€¦

2. My issue is with the Audi lease program. Either conventional financing or a balloon loan could achieve a similar payment and keep all that equity in your pocket.

3. Donā€™t forget that this vehicle should qualify for $7500 federal rebate. I would have tried to find a way to purchase in a sales tax exempt state.

Similar to this

$70k Lease cost ā€“ What kind of crrrack were u smoking?

If i spend $70k on a 3 year lease ā€“ its has to be a you know what

1 Like