How'd I do on my etron gt lease?

this was in AZ today. Traded in my 19 etron quattro prestige with 10k miles on it and ended up with 16k in equity. Got 22 etron gt 122k msrp (paid sticker) with 0 down 1400 month 36month 10k. 58% residual

edit: I see what they did. they marked up the MF to right about 0.003 which is not great. But not horrible considering the base is about .0028 But I also didn’t want to buy it as I won’t buy an EV for awhile because the advancements in tech and the depreciation to go with it. plus its a business write off.

1 Like

How was the equity used… delivered to you as a check or rolled into the new lease?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

Back of napkin math makes this look like it is 16k down.

116,000*0.58 = 67,280
67,280 - 16k down = 51,280
51,280 / 36 = $1424 (monthly)

My blessings to you.

9 Likes

58% residual, so shouldn’t it be:

116000 * 0.42 = 48720
48720 / 35 = 1392 + tax, fees, fun stuff

Blessed be your day

6 Likes

Nice car! I am enjoying my '19 etron prestige.
-May the bless be with you

5 Likes

Hope you get a $16k check in the mail. Otherwise… bless your heart, just enjoy the car.

10 Likes

lot of blessings here lol did I get hosed?

4 Likes

what should/could I have done better?

Would help to post the full breakdown or picture of contract. Otherwise we are just guessing. If you really had your $16k in equity rolled into your new lease, then you are effectively paying about $2k/mo for an etron, which is pretty wild.

5 Likes

What are '19 etrons going for? 60k?

I got 63k.

Did the dealer cut you a check for the $16K equity, or did that equity get applied directly to your lease?

Used for down pay / cost reduction

I dont know if hosed is the right word but what you did was kinda stupid. Imagine if the car gets totalled right now. You know what happens to that equity you were talking about? Audi keeps it.

4 Likes

Ya well that’s not really the issue at hand, the issue is op basically is paying almost 2k for a etron (and said bye bye to all his equity in previous etron).

Blessed be your hearts

4 Likes

Why is it bye bye? If I did true 0 down wouldn’t the cost be around 2k anyway? So I just reduced with the equity and got to drive the suv free for 2 years basically?

I’m not really in the market for a etron but I’m almost positive that you in fact did get hosed. The equity went bye bye because you should’ve been able to get the same deal without ever mentioning you have a car to trade

Many bless

1 Like

Ur already paying 2k a month right now. You just made a very large upfront payment that is reducing your monthly to 1400 but in reality you are still paying 2000

how did you turn a win into a head scratcher? That dealership employee getting lots of back pats