How'd I do on my etron gt lease?

By the same token, the OP needs to do some research instead of just breathlessly replying to every post here.

77 posts and counting, no indication anything has been learned.

3 Likes

Why do you think you will be driving it for free? Isn’t the 16K your money? You had a choice to invest it and get a different lease. That lease gets your sales person’s picture on the wall right next to the GM.

As others have stated, since it appears you used the equity towards cap cost reduction, your deal was not $0 due at signing (DAS)

Are you really asking this question after already signing and taking delivery of the car?

For future reference:

Do not use any equity towards CCR.

Understand how leasing works before signing your next lease.

Enjoy your new car.

1 Like

Everyone is saying it’s a bad deal, and let’s be honest… it isn’t a good deal. However, it’s a $122k car so you clearly have enough disposable income to pay for this thing (unless you don’t, then REAL BLESSINGS to you)…

My hot take: $1400/mo to drive this nice ass whip (even if it’s $2k/mo effective) is a pretty reasonable amount of cash to part with each month for a car of that cost. Now, is it worth $122k? Idk, you’ll have to tell us.

But in a market where X5s are leasing for not a whole lot less… ignore the haters and just enjoy the car. At a certain price point it isn’t about getting a great deal. If you have the money for this car then you probably aren’t that worried about how well you did on the deal.

So I say enjoy it, as most people in the world could never even stomach paying this much for a car and will never be able to. Send pictures and a review of the thing, though!

4 Likes

A lot of people are getting hung up on the CCR. Ignore it.

CCR is not reflective of how good or bad any deal is, aside from sometimes revealing the lessee’s preference for mental gymnastics like “My monthly payment is only…”

You can have a good deal with CCR; you can have a bad deal with no CCR.

We can agree that it isn’t a good deal. Here are few things that went against OP:

• Brand new car
  • Brand new EV model
  • Low supply
  • High demand (Yes, there is still demand for $100k+ cars)

I would be the first to admit that I have no clue what the market looks like for this car. I am happy with my current daily driver, a $70k 2021 A6 P+.

The MSRP of a car does affect the lease cost, However, assuming that a high MSRP car will always be “extremely” expensive to lease, might not always be accurate.

I leased my brand new A6 last May in MA for $629/month (including Audicare and 6.25% sales tax):

The RV was in the low 50s. However, I had a total of $8500 in incentives to make it LH-worthy. Was my deal a great deal? Probably not, but I did get 9% off MSRP (if I adjust for the slightly marked up MF). I did pay about $2100 at signing, but there was no down payment.

Having been on this site for more than 2 years, the one piece of advice I can share from my personal experience is to EDUCATE yourself and be open to constructive criticism. There is a WEALTH of information. It is a lot to absorb, but that is why we are here. ASK for feedback before signing.

I can’t speak for OP, but let’s assume you are right. Folks providing feedback, are mostly giving constructive criticism. I do it all the time. I try to show people where they can improve on the next deal.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

I think the response from the community would have been better if OP just said “hey this is a crap deal but I wanted the car anyways and want to share the details”.

But setting your money on fire and then asking people how to not set your money on fire while getting defensive makes you look ignorant.

1 Like

This is definitely not true. My Dad just recently used a portion of his 16k in equity on an Audi to get into something else (around 4k for inceptions) but irrespective of whether he leased another car or not he was going to get a check for the sales price minus his payoff.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m being defensive I’m trying to find a way out of this crap lease. Looks like buying out the lease asap is going to be the answer

1 Like

Yes, if you get finance instead of lease, you save quite a bit of $.

But is the lease itself is “crap” for an E-Tron GT? Meaning, is this just what the E-Tron GT goes for, or did you get a (much) worse deal than anyone else who is leasing an E-Tron GT?

I actually have not seen anything in this post that suggests that it is a terrible lease for that particular model.

Before you do I’d go back to them and say, “I wanted MSDs and I should have bought AudiCare and I’d rather have my equity cashed-out, and before I go refinance and buyout this lease, is it still possible to recontract (not change sales price or trade amount)” - whatever you want in a clear bullet list.

If you refinance they’re getting charged-back on the lease, and there is an opportunity to sell AudiCare which finance gets paid on. You could probably get them to repaper this if you don’t come to them with a printout of 100 LH messages and just bottomline the changes.

6 Likes

Audicare is $999 for the etron gt. Assuming Audicare still increases the RV by 1% ($1,150 in this case), Audi would essentially be paying the customer to take Audicare.

It still counts towards F&I’s penetration rate, which they are paid on.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

I thought one of the main reasons to lease vs. buy is to not get stuck with a car that has depreciated below the RV, especially a German car that might not have great resale options due to perceived/real reliability issues and high maintenance and repair costs.

The etrons were heavily discounted until the supply issues arose, and could again be heavily discounted in 3 years if the supply issues are resolved by then. Additionally, the etrons have had reliability issues.

Since Audi passed through the $7,500 tax credit, I believe OP is better off leasing vs. buying.

No they weren’t. These etrons weren’t a thing then.

Have you seen the MFs on these bad boys?

The Etron SUV was discounted quite a bit back then, you could have leased one for $500 a month… With the Etron GT you are lucky if can get one at mspr…

1 Like

Audi also threw a boat load of lease incentives on the etron SUV. That was pre-Covid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.