2 Likes

This thread makes my head hurt

5 Likes

He’s been asking since March 6, if I’m not mistaken :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

What are you doing here then? :flushed:
Take the deal and run

1 Like

Unsurprisingly their is the same username on Flyertalk with the same MO…just going around in circles w/o ever taking the time to learn the in’s and out’s in the first place.

3 Likes

My rule of thumb is if a car costs more than 50% of its transaction price to lease for 36mo, just finance it.

Sounds like there’s far more issues here than just that. Doesn’t sound like even a broker can fix what’s broken here.

5 Likes

You mean it isn’t @NJRonbo taking the piss?

2 Likes

So just to be clear, you’re considering leasing a new 430i for $29,900 total lease cost or you could buy out and own your current car for 31k…

Best Gif Wow GIF

6 Likes

If you are serious about getting a 4 series coupe Or convertible before end of the year, I can get you a good deal.

I have listed a few of them and have few more which are not on the sheet.

I will however only ans any further questions after taking a $50 retainer to make sure you are absolutely serious about taking the car.

I will get 1% more discount than what is on sheet now if you take a convertible from my stock. This discount is only for in stock units and they have to be out of dealer lot by 12/31.

You can pay for your shipping, docs done over Docusign.

5 Likes

This feels like the Odyssey Sport scenario all again, except this time, they did come ask before signing, but are STILL intent on a mediocre decision. Plus wasting brokers’ time on top of that. Oof.

2 Likes

I’ll order bank this for OP @ 10% off front end with a point of rate (40bps) on the backend. Pickup is PCD or South Texas.

$698 fee.

50% retainer upfront, 50% when allocated.

5 Likes

Is this better than his dealers he’s asked tho? :joy:

Any reason why broker’s are so specific on a number? Like instead of 500 they do 499, or instead of 700 they’ll do 699

Psychological Pricing Tactics .

https://www.simon-kucher.com/en-us/blog/why-prices-end-99-and-other-psychological-pricing-tactics

2 Likes

@nyclife has already confirmed that his pricing was better than number OP tried getting himself. So the true intent is just to skirt the broker fee while beating broker pricing.
asking once for price is enough. Why ask multiple times for quotes and waste someone’s time

Exactly. The ending in “change” is a pricing trick which has been around forever.

Agree with the poster who laughed at $800 a month for a 4 series.

Anecdotally, I’ve been getting more concerned that the Federal Reserve is going to have cause a severe recession to get the economy back in balance. This is just 1 of 100s of these anecdotes.

I don’t even need to see the discounts, MF, etc… that deal is weak, even in a tough environment.

2 Likes

694.20 sound better? :grin:

3 Likes

What percent under invoice is that? :cold_face:

I’d prefer the old “we’re losing money at $698” explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.