How would you retain this BMW deal?

Which different car would you recommend looking into then?
When do you think pricing will get better and MF will go down?
What the maximum price you’d do this 430i deal for?
I am seeing similar prices/deals on Swapalease

SAL often isn’t a good representation of what you should aspire for.

I should clarify, I’m not saying that it’s necessarily a bad price for the way the market is currently, I’m saying that a 430i is objectively (to me) not worth $800/mo. I mean shit, many of us here had 440’s for almost half that a few years ago, and again, I know today isn’t 4 years ago, but how can anyone objectively say a car is worth double what it was a few years ago on a lease?

Also, with SAL, like @IAC said, it’s not meant to show what you should shoot for, but sometimes a crazy deal comes up. Some people just want to dump their cars and they throw them up with no down payment and a decent payment. I have a bookmark saved with BMW listings sorted by newest that I click on every few days just for shits and giggles.

Now look, if a 430i is somehow worth $800/mo to you, if you objectively feel like thats the most car you can get for $800 then do it. For the market, it’s not horrible, what I’m trying to do is save you from being in a position where you’re paying a ton for a car that just isn’t THAT nice (I’m saying this as a huge BMW guy, it’s nice, but not $800 nice). Find a stopgap car you’d be happy with, get one of those 18 or 24 month leases, take over some other random cheap car on SAL, just do something to get to a place where hopefully in a year or two this car is back to reality and maybe closer to ~600/mo.

Also, to make my point about stalking SAL, this would save you almost $100/mo if it wasn’t in CA:

1 Like

Thanks
Where and how do I find a stopgap car for 18 or 24 months?

1 Like

You are way over your head from reading all your questions/comments. Just get the car you want. Overpay for one or have a broker do the leg work for you. You can reach out to @nyclife @Ashleigh @AutoCompanion and a few others in the nyc area.

1 Like

I think OP has already reached out to me, and I’ve given him pricing. I agree that the 430 isn’t a good buy. It doesn’t help that the residual is 55% for 10,000 miles. A 330ix will be a lot cheaper, but if your heart is set on a coupe…

2 Likes

How much cheaper?
Price for 330?

Why?
Two weeks?

There still aren’t many around, so for the 330ix, this is approximately what we’re looking at on one:

Nissan Pathfinder, Murano or Altima from LH Brokers in the Marketplace.

2 Likes

Yeah we have given OP a better quote multiple times on a 430

6 Likes

Oh jeeezus.

right and he keeps taking your quotes to his local dealer to avoid paying you…

2 Likes

And his “local” dealer might have been one of brokers’ dealer who recognised the situation and ghosted OP.

1 Like

Dealerships are giving me better deals than brokers actually
I want to work with a broker, but their prices are not as good

Slow mode because this thread is going off the rails and fits exactly with OP’s prior post history.

Has no idea what he’s doing, has never learned anything in years on this site, has no interest in learning, and just wants everyone to spoonfeed every single question and hold his hand thru every step of the process.

9 Likes

Really?

Just to recap.

@gamyrjay - Good luck in your search.

2 Likes

This thread makes my head hurt

5 Likes

He’s been asking since March 6, if I’m not mistaken :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

What are you doing here then? :flushed:
Take the deal and run

1 Like