Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

With current available inventory only the MY7 under 80k qualifies and those M3SR under 55k.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Tesla Model Y Available

Apparently the IRA classification issues of sedan vs SUV have to do with weight of the vehicle.

https://twitter.com/drknowitall16/status/1610006606627971072?s=46&t=AadNijJu_GGtreB_RbkLjg

Lead can lead to poisoning i recommend gold

4 Likes

But per the IRS guidance issued last week, there are no income limitations for leases. If Tesla wants to move more S and X models, they could pass through the credit.

It is Weight (over 6k pounds) or the vehicle needs 4wd/AWD. Notice the dual motor model Ys count as SUVs.

Any classification is gonna be arbitrary but this isn’t illogical. AWD is certainly something I’d consider a normal difference between a truck/SUV and a car.

I would be all for the lease if I can buy it out,

1 Like

IRA guidance has classified MY 5 seater at 55K MSRP cap used for sedans and classified MY 7 seater at $80K MSRP cap for SUV. It seems like weight is not an OR.

See

2 Likes

You can get a 7-pass MYP?

19” MYLR ride is jittery enough. You want kids in the third row projectile vomiting from harder shocks and less sidewall?

2 Likes

What is a Tesla demo?

Tesla uses and then sells demos/loaners just like any other brand.

2 Likes

Is there a way to buy a Tesla Y4680, and what’s the benefit of a 4680 battery pack?

1 Like

More capacity, less cost… so more range for the dollar.

Not sure if Tesla will pass that savings on or just… PROFIT!

1 Like

So far the benefits only materialised for the company and not the consumer. You get a shorter range version of Model Y, Tesla gets lower materials bill. Currently, You, as a consumer, don’t get anything out of a 4680 structural pack. It doesn’t charge faster, does t last longer, basically just cost savings for Elon.

1 Like

Elon lost over 200 billion last year, and is not paying some of Twitter’s bills, so maybe he needs the money.

1 Like

Commercially, it appears as if the 4680 battery pack will power the new 2023 Model Y SR AWD, yielding a range of 269 miles (vs 318 for a LR) at a base cost of $61K (vs $66K for a LR) - We have observed the source code for these new models in the API for the last few weeks and they are now even showing up in the inventory pool.

TLDR; 50 miles less range to save $5000.

There are technical benefits of the 4680, but that’s for another thread.

2 Likes

Is this the battery Tesla says you can charge to 100% every day? That would probably be relevant to some people choosing between it and a LR.

1 Like

No. That’s LFP and only available in M3 RWD. I have a GigaTexas MY AWD / 4680.

6 Likes

I suspect you maybe referring to the LFP batteries (which are from China, so now taboo because of IRA) versus NCA batteries. The 4680 packs, which are new and made by Panasonic, are believed to be NCA.

See:

and

3 Likes