Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

This should help with discounts and inventory…lol

1 Like

That’s not the own you think it is. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No one likes that dude, It’s just EM being contrarian.

Might not even be that deep. Musk and McCarthy are rumored to be friends. Might actually have little to do with politics and just be one friend supporting another.

1 Like

Sorry for derailing this thread a bit but this guy has too much time in his hand: Elon Musk Says No To Pizza? Twitter Seeks To Auction Oven And Flour Mixer Amid Cost-Cutting - Benzinga

This must be the greatest joke in Silicon Valley amid the current weather lmao.

Companies do liquidation auctions like all the time. Either the JouRnaList is an idiot, or they think their readers are idiots.

2 Likes

Let’s stay on topic.

2 Likes

Is the US price drop coming?

Tesla has just dropped its prices in China. The Model 3 Standard Range RWD now starts at ¥229,900. It was ¥265,900 from 24 Oct 2022 until now.

230K Yuan is about the same as the BYD Seal Standard Range RWD. I love this. The price war is on. Tesla is going all out. pic.twitter.com/WdDyfe1a2W

— Troy Teslike (@TroyTeslike) January 6, 2023
3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised

1 Like

Now I am ready to spend $120K.

Or maybe just $700

https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-s_x-steering-wheel-retrofit

[bye-bye stalks on M3/MY]

5 Likes

So you know lots of owners are complaining if Tesla is offering their own wheel to replace the yoke.

Afeela and Lexus needs to take note.

33k starting model 3 base price to match China’s price cut plus 7.5k tax credit would be killer and move lots of metal this quarter.

Small Business Work GIF by Mailchimp

1 Like

Even though this would absolutely kill those of us who recently bought a M3 (insta-negative equity for all! hahaahahaha)…Id love to see it.

Are those rumored to be going?

I am fully on board with the Tesla minimalist approach to the lack buttons and other interior tchotchke…but I kinda like the basic stalks on the M3 now.

1 Like

Ya who cares about making a profit ? These aren’t good signs

"The China prices of the Model 3 and Model Y cars are now 24% to 32% lower than those in the United States, Tesla’s largest market, Reuters calculations showed, reflecting a range of factors including material and labour.

Tesla also cut Model 3 and Model Y prices by about 10% each in Japan, the first time it had done so since 2021."

https://www.reuters.com/technology/tesla-cuts-prices-model-3-model-y-china-2023-01-06/

1 Like

Lowering prices is not a bad thing as long as you can lower costs due to economies of scale and efficiencies in manufacturing.

The electronics industry is healthy even though prices keep going lower every year.

1 Like

It is def a bad thing for their business but ok. Electronics companies lower prices bc they have to.

Bubble is popping

Might as well lock up this thread as everyone will be able to get a Tesla tomorrow if they want

Not if they lower prices.

Which they can, and should.

2 Likes

Right now you can order and get a Tesla within a few weeks. But once the price reduction and EV incentives flood gates open, it will be a rush.

There is definitely a bubble popping but it looks like the car price bubble and chip shortage bubble that has popped. This can still be beneficial to Tesla’s bottom line.