Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

That’s a good question. Didn’t even rack up 500 miles, so not like it was being used as a loaner or anything.

Anyone have a carfax account?

If it’s sold as brand new, it can’t possibly have a registered record. If it was registered, it can’t be sold as brand new. So it’s either a system error, or something funky happening.

So happy that you were able to get one!! Congrats!!

Use my app, ScanThatCar and that will give you the data points from CarFax. If you need something more detailed with Service History, etc, I can share with you a link where you can see all that. It’s all I can do for free :slight_smile:

"AddToInventoryReason": "IN_POLICY_RETURN",
"TitleReceivedOwnershipTransferDate": "2021-10-06T07:00:00",

Not sure what all that signifies but definitely a vehicle I’d personally steer clear of.

I think this unit is from the time where tesla offered 30 day test drive for free

It’s over 1.5 years old, even with 30 days that makes no sense

Curious how much a base MY LR is going for at MMR right now?

Seems like the discord link has expired. Can you please share the link again? Just came across this post.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great! So LH sends out this newsletter email with a link to this article today, for all to just find that the Discord invite is expired as of today? Very funny.

Anyone could please share a valid invite? Thanks in advance.

Not sure how long it’ll last

2 Likes

Discord Invite Link has been updated with an unlimited expiration for now.

I wasn’t expecting a mention of this in the newsletter, otherwise I would have updated the link earlier. I definitely appreciate the shout-out there!

As much heat this post received from certain members, it was kinda surprising to see almost over 500 people join our Discord from just LeaseHackr alone (prior to today). Some have DM’d me with their kind words of appreciation and it feels great to read them! For those still looking out for a vehicle, good luck!

Please tag me if you need anything addressed here, but if not, see y’all in the Discord server.

6 Likes

Inventory drops have definitely picked up over the past few days (Northeast areas) but I am seeing a trend of most units being M3 SR3+ with FSD and price tags from $55K to $58K. Flipping units with FSD is a bit harder, not everyone will give you the $10K for it, so I believe, what you do is cancel FSD after you order, but before delivery, and the prices gets rolled back $10K. All of that to then maybe sell for $48K to $50K… Seems like too much risk and work for not enough reward. I’m waiting for the M3 LR drops to come back.

2 Likes

Do you know if Tesla will let you remove FSD and reduce the price by $10k? Found a car near me (to keep) but I don’t want FSD.

2 Likes

I think you can remove FSD later.

1 Like

Yes they will remove it. Just delays picked up a few days

1 Like

Can we please lock this thread up? There’s really no need to make this as toxic as it has become.

1 Like

Probably a demo car that slipped through the cracks unless it has a damage disclosure on it.

Both of ours were company cars. (One was an exec demo, one was a showroom demo)

This isn’t entertaining. It just prevents people really wanting to participate in the goal of this post from not doing so. If one doesn’t like Tesla or the idea of getting one, they are more than welcome to see themselves out vs constantly egging others. I have turned off notifications to this forum on this post and I am really very close to turning off invites to the Discord from here.

Tesla has all of that information to provide on the website but they choose not to do so. They do, underneath the hood, which is how we get to see them & share it. Our listing details in Discord tells you when the car is expected to arrive, the actual discount amount (for demos) and even Sales Notes (if one was added to the listing).

“Less than 50 miles” is usually banter for a new vehicle. When you purchase a new Tesla, the odometer statement states 15 miles even if it has 4 miles on it. I believe that’s industry standard for new vehicles to use a reasonable reading vs the actual one when doing paperwork. Plus, odometer readings could change during transportation and final delivery.

2 Likes

All of this great info! WRT location, I also noticed some discrepancies: If I search Inventory site, 100 Mile radius my location (NorCal), it pulls up 6 cars currently. Discord server suggests some of these cars are in SoCal, well beyond the 100 Mile radius, yet there is no ‘Delivery Fee’ despite there being a clear delivery fee schedule based on mileage. Found that confusing. BTW, toxicity can be icnored. Cheers, and thanks for the tool!

edit: I should add I’m aware the discord searched and displayed all CA cars, but clicking them brought me back to my local Inv search results, was that supposed to happen? That might be the issue.

Huge thanks to OP for putting the discord + monitor together. I’ve been on the fence with Tesla, but it’s nice to have access to a tool that could get you into one quickly if needed.

4 Likes