Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Order in July, they were going to deliver end of September. I postponed day of delivery as my Bolt EUV lemon law buyback is in purgatory - got letter from GM over a month ago, but no further progress.

On Tesla website, said I could take delivery through December 31. Just let them know and they would do their best.

Checked this AM, and despite me not asking, apparently I’m getting a car in the next 14 days!

it’s a base SR+.

2 Likes

Have there been any new drops in the last week? Seems like there hasn’t been anything since the the 1st.

Congrats! I ordered in August when it was estimated to be delivered in January. One became available in September, but I decided to postpone since my lease is up in November. Now my estimate is April. Model 3 SR+ with 19” wheel option.

Yes, we had a couple yesterday and several today. Take a look at the channels in the discord - they are time stamped.

I haven’t seen any east coast drops since the 1st.

There’s an MSM SR+ in FL right now … posted 7 minutes ago

And that was the first M3 in Florida for the past 8 days.

Looks like it dropped at the new MSRP.

1 Like

Correct. Other drops were in the west coast. Location wasn’t specified in the bottom query

Yeah, inventory drops have always shown the current price versus when it was built. Same thing goes for demos as well.

15 minutes in and its still available. People in the east coast are sleeping :sleeping:

Lol Tesla. If you go to the Model 3 ordering page, it shows a April 2022 delivery for a SR+. BUT it defaults to the $1,500 pricier sport wheels. If you change the config to the cheaper aero wheels for a truly base stripper SR+ (aero wheels, white paint, black seats, no FSD, etc), the estimated delivery jumps to June 2022. Add in any option that costs $$$ and the delivery date comes back to April 2022.

Tesla is basically “punishing” people that want to buy the cheapest Model 3, which is now $41,990 + $250 order fee + $1,200 destination+doc fee = $43,440. So much for the $35k Model 3. :wink:

Tesla is doing those people a huge favor. They will become eligible for the new FED credit. I placed my order and waiting …

How are your GM products treating you?

1 Like

I own a Model 3 SR+. whiff

There will be plenty of cars available again in a few weeks if their usual pattern holds, then there will be a whole lot of nothing by early december, and miraculously a ton of cars will appear right at the quarter end. I’m not exactly clear on where the cars are coming from, if they are even new, but there is very little in how the cars are delivered that makes sense.

The world is full of people who do one thing and say something different - even in opposition to their current position - as Senators Sinema and Manchin show.

Congrats on your Model 3 but your criticism of their delivery strategy is still misguided…

Is there an NDA in the purchase contract that doesn’t allow you to be critical of Tesla’s actions?

That would explain a lot of things…

8 Likes

I think many Tesla owners believe this.

1 Like

This forum can be overly critical of Tesla - in some cases, rightfully so. The entire industry is facing supply chain shortages and Tesla is no stranger to it. Some might even say that they have handled it better than others (e.g. changing chips & re-writing firmware for it to support it). The supply chain is punishing vehicle buyers all across the market - manufacturers have increased MSRP (e.g. Jeep, Tesla), dealerships have added market adjustment fees, discounts aren’t being offered as much anymore and so on.

My only guess as to why base Model SR+ takes longer vs with other add-on options is probably because that’s their most sold configuration and they do not have an infinite supply of it?

Regardless, this thread was created for people that wanted a Tesla/vehicle sooner than they could get through traditional means. Creating noise here talking about custom orders, how bad Tesla practices are, how one can flip it & so on just detracts from the conversation, but it’s expected in an open forum. However, there is another thread here that was recommended for those types of conversation → Anyone else throwing in the towel and buying a Tesla?

If anyone wants to continue some meaningful conversations on how we could improve your odds at getting a Tesla, feel free to chat with us on the Discord. :vulcan_salute:

Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF

4 Likes

I disagree with your assessment here. If one is interested in minimizing their expenditures, being aware that their options through traditional channels are even worse than normal is relevant.

One could easily look at the normal timeline for ordering and think “no big deal”, without being aware that it’s only on very specific configurations. Likewise, being aware of how Tesla handles orders in regards to price increases can lead one to a false sense of security. Both of those are situations where the ancillary conversation to ordering timelines potentially makes the topic here more relevant, not less.

2 Likes

@ilike2breakthngs can you build something that makes CA DMV move faster as well please?

In all seriousness nice work on this setup. Hopefully I can put it to use next year.

1 Like

because that’s their most sold configuration and they do not have an infinite supply of it?

This and the SR+ trim probably has the thinnest profit margin, so they increased the price to push people buying more expensive trims, and if people keep buying SR+, more profit for them anyway.

The SR+ (without the fake FSD) offers 80% of the best value of Tesla today.

2 Likes