Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I Take It Back Oh No GIF by G2 Esports

It’s done.

1 Like

6 Likes

MYP is over 55k, that would disqualify it from the credit option

I haven’t driven those two back to back, and I know there is more to driving a car than just acceleration, but what do you think of that carwow video? Unless there is something wrong with the P, it doesn’t seem like it is making 90 more hp than the LR or 150 more than the RWD. The LR walks it pretty badly once up to speed which is hard to fathom.

When is the 7-pass MYP coming?

When I build one its at 55.6k before destination

Yeah, my bad…thought you were talking about the M3P. I read the post too quickly.

Wow time to trade in my 2 week old Frontier for a Tesla :rofl:

5 Likes

Better be a P

I haven’t checked because I’m planning on keeping mine for the duration, but have you looked to see how much negative there might be?

Just called my local service center. As expected, they had no clue on if the tax credit will be passed along via price reduction to those leasing. He said they just found out about the price decrease when they came in this morning… :joy:

2 Likes

Welcome to Tesla, where the customers know before the staff.

They’ve literally taken the trope of the salesman who knows nothing about the car and made it into a business model.

4 Likes

If I remember the video correctly isn’t the Performance a 2020? That would mean it doesn’t have the newer battery technology that keeps the overall temps very low. After a few pulls the batteries loose performance and slow at high speeds which equal more heat. Also the larger heavier wheels on the M3P slow it down at high speeds…the stealth M3 had smaller wheels and was one of the fastest M3’s.

At this price point the M3P also comes with track mode which is incredible if you like to throw the car around.

1 Like

Not yet but out of curiosity may just run it in their system.

I still don’t think you can beat the Frontier lease with lease extension. :sunglasses:

Probably should turn off LH…

agreed, I think it is the current bang for the buck king.

I got so so so lucky with mine. I literally did everything from the phone, which was honestly pretty easy, but I just stopped by the dealership since I was passing it on my way home anyway. I met a guy in the sales room, told him about my order, and then literally five minutes later he took care of everything and scheduled the delivery. He may have been one of the few who knew what he was doing.

Can’t wait to hear about your experience. I woke up thinking of doing that exact same thing. Been thinking about getting out of my 2022 4XE and getting into something fully electric. The M3 and MY (don’t need P with a baby on the way) are really tempting.

2 Likes

The original run of P3D got a lot right but also a lot wrong.

That being said, I never had an overheating issue with our 2018 no matter how hard of a caning it got.

The one they tested was what Mat Watson called the “new one” at the time, with the Panasonic batteries and the 80 kWH battery pack. it weighs almost exactly the same as the LR, which was actually the previous generation one during this test, yet gets walked relatively badly once up to speed.

No it’s just in the M3 and and MY variants from what I have read. A lot of guys taking them to track reported significant top end speed lost the more they were pushed, and the lower the battery got.